Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Lie Detector For Catholics.

'half-jokingly'...protestents...catholics....nuts. is this really the road you want to go down sir david. let me ask you: you sound like a bigot, are you? hasn't bigotry caused a lot of horrors in the last century?..........b
Old 11-04-2005, 03:22 AM

Is it OK to say people who believe in astrology are nuts?
Old 11-04-2005, 12:59 PM

unhappily, your response is sophmoric, evasive, and not deserving of a response. in your present state i think it's best to leave you either, in denial, or unwilling to face up to the issues involved. it was, perhaps, my mistake to forget that this is a gambling forum, and that this sub-forum is little more than 'table talk'..............b
Old 11-04-2005, 03:00 PM

I haven't quite figured out if you are an absolute genius, or a complete moron. I'm sure you think the former. Curious what everyone else thinks.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't quite figured out if you are an absolute genius, or a complete moron. I'm sure you think the former. Curious what everyone else thinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a clue:

"..............."
Old 11-04-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unhappily, your response is sophmoric, evasive, and not deserving of a response. in your present state i think it's best to leave you either, in denial, or unwilling to face up to the issues involved. it was, perhaps, my mistake to forget that this is a gambling forum, and that this sub-forum is little more than 'table talk'..............b

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, and all this time, I thought we were going to be able prove whether God exists or not.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:42 PM

Wouldn't that depend on what kind of benefits that they felt they recieved from believing in astrology?
Old 11-04-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a clue:

"..............."

[/ QUOTE ]

And here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=3702174

Not a math genius, at least.

(I'm only picking on him, because he's always scoffing at other people's posts, while never contributing anything of value to the discussion.)
Old 11-04-2005, 04:45 PM

I have a few rules of thumb when trying to weigh the credibility of an unknown poster on the internet. Gratuitous use of punctuation and lack of capitalization both seem to be inversely corelated with factual or useful content.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a few rules of thumb when trying to weigh the credibility of an unknown poster on the internet. Gratuitous use of punctuation and lack of capitalization both seem to be inversely corelated with factual or useful content.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bdog,

I hope that you either make an exception to my use or misuse of commas; or that my remarks over-ride your rule of thumb. For some reason I have a mental deficiency when it comes to commas. I either, use too, many, or not, enough or place, them, in, the, wrong spots.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with Elaine and exclamation points!!!!!

RJT

p.s. Sorry for the hi-jack. I will continue to post what I think is humor in spite of just recently being reprimanded by one poster for doing so. I will apologize for my humor if (when) it is bad, but not my right to use it!!!!