Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: The key to 5/10-20/40 multi tabling

You have said that you will sit out on any given table 15-40% of the time. I think that taking up a seat in any game and then sitting out 15% of the time is rude. Most players want to play at a full table.

Perhaps I'll spell out all of my reasons for not playing on-line some other time.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:56 PM

Default what about stud-8

would stud-8 tend to be easier or harder to multi-table? I would think easier b/c you don't have to be so precise about which big cards exactly are dead--with the little cards you can have more of a rough estimate. and the low is usually the main part of the game, I think. but I'm barely a novice.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:20 PM

Aren't you worried that you are giving away too much information by sitting out at the other tables?

I tried this strategy at first playing 2 tables, but I usually notice at least one player who's playing both my tables. By sitting out you're telling all the other multitablers you have a playable hand that needs concentration.

Conversely, they can be more confident that you are going to fold if they see that you are still sitting in at the other tables. I imagine also sometimes you are the bring-in with a trash hand and you DON'T sit out at your other tables. This can be very bad for obvious reasons.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:16 PM

Hi schubes,

Great point. I am worried about this, and so in the case where another multitabler is to my right (if he is to my left he has position, so he already knows if I have a hand before he has to act) and I have a playable hand, I will not sit out at teh other table where he/she is. Yes, there are rare cases where this happens and then I get a hand that I need to think about on the other table, thus forcing me to make hurried decisions, but it happens so infrequently that it has almost no effect on my overall profitability (even if I am hurried I still have a good chance of making the right decision).

I don't sit out with trash from the Bring in, but on the rare occasions that the hand warps into something good (that requires thought) I will just sit out at the other tables.

Keep in mind that even some playable hands against predictable opposition come up so often that there is almost no thinking involved in playing them, and so there is no need to sit out from other tables in these situations.

-Carlos
Old 03-24-2005, 07:22 PM

Hi Andy,

I guess we just have different opinions of how much sitting out can be considered rude, so there is not much left to discuss since this is pretty subjective. Luckily for those players that want to be ata full table, most people do not multitable and thus it is pretty easy for them to switch to a full table at any given time.

Regards,
Carlos
Old 03-24-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: what about stud-8

I guess stud/8 would probably be a little easier to multi-table. I play fewer hands at stud/8 than I do at stud. It's relatively uncommon that the cards that are out are going to make you fold a low draw.