Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: The Cheney X

Old 11-23-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Re: The Cheney X

This reminds me of a GREAT story.

Back when I worked in Talk Radio over at AM 1500 KSTP, I was still a part-timer on the weekends - I was asked by the boss to work a couple extra shifts - one of the board op's was on Suspension.

It seems that during a rebroadcast of the Rush Limbaugh program on Sat., someone called into the show and made a comment about how Liberals had done this or that or something...all on tape delay, of course, on the weekends when the audience was way down.

He punched the on-air board mic and said just one word - "Squealer" -

On monday someone called the Rush Limbaugh program and mentioned the incident on-air, and Rush got pretty damned indignant and said that apparently we didn't value our advertisers.

How do I know they called on Mon. and got indignant? - Cause the next weekend I was doing his job for a week, replaying the Rush program on the weekend - LOL - and I heard it.

In the end, it was also funny cause the station didn't have a single Liberal voice - I don't think the station van wasn't even allowed to MAKE a left turn - if you wanted to go left you had to make three right turns to point in the right direction. -

and then Bo Snerdly called and raged holy hell - suspension for the offender - WT gets his foot a bit further into the door, and shortly afterwards I went to work for them full time.

of course, now KSTP delays the broadcast so it's not live anyways - they broadcast it from 12-3, I think... and Rush has to change stations, which he is doing. Guess he's not the hot commodity he used to be - which suits me just fine.

RB