Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: QQ on Interesting Turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do online players not stack off the way live players do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes. And from what I've been able to gather, the play (if you want to call it that) is particularly popular at 2/4. I think the stacking off generally begins earlier in the hand, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

It varies. I played a hand this morning with a guy who had less than 2BB left after the flop and still failed to raise my flop bet with a hand that he was clearly going all the way with.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:01 PM

My first instinct is to raise to protect our hand. Calling gives UTG 12:1 to call, which is great for her if she has 3.5 outs or more. My point is that she doesn't need much to profitably call this bet. She can call with any pair. However, raising gives her 7:1, which cuts her odds significantly. I think you have to 3-bet if you can't fold. MP2 could really be raising anything here, including Kx, Qx, Tx, Jx, A9 or any 2 diamonds, along with some other hands we wouldn't expect.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:24 PM

Qtip

Having bet the flop and gotten 4 callers,when the turn card comes and i pick up extra outs i would have checked the turn.You might have the best hand but with so many callers it appears someone has something and i really don't want to get raised after picking up extra outs.

I would check-call the turn and depending on the river card check call or bet out if i hit my gutshot.Ice
Old 12-07-2005, 09:49 PM

Something got screwed up with the converter on this one. On the turn, I had 2 opponents and one with 2 bb left.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:03 PM

Qtip

If there were only two players and one with almost no money,i would have played it the same way you did.Ice