Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: World series final event payouts

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it is a much flatter payout then any other tournies. 7.4 million probably isn't even 15% for the guy that ends up with all the chips.

Looking at last years payouts, the 2nd table got 175-373k, the 3rd table got 120k, 4th table got 80k, 5th table got 60k and so on down to 10k for many players.

I am guesing the 2nd table would get 400-800k and the 3rd table somewhere around 200-300k.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whose EV will be higher under the old structure, and whose will be higher under the new structure?

The individual who would have had the greatest EV under the old structure will see a decrease in EV under the new structure.

But the individual with the 15th-highest EV under the old structure should see an increase in EV under the new structure. Is that correct, or is my analysis too simplistic?

If I am correct, then most pros should welcome the new structure set out in the Greenbaum interview, because it will result in an increase to their EV (as well as a decrease in their variance).