Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Take the time to do this please

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you just clarify the tone of your post? I swear it might imply that I am a 1/2 player while you're a high and mighty 10/20 player with some sort of deeper understanding into this issue.

Well maybe I can elaborate then. I've played 10/20 or higher for over a year. Currently I 8-table 10/20 when not playing 20/40 and 30/60. There are more fish than I can shake a frigging stick at. I have roughly zero fear attached to the prospect of any fish getting scared away, especially at a level like 10/20, which is big boy money for big boy egos. I have bigger things to worry about- like making wads and wads of cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

This simply isn't true. There are fish at those limits, but not a neverending, limitless supply. You have to practice good table selection, and sometimes, when 1 or 2 particular fish leave a table, yo uneed to leave that table too because it dries up. Your post indicating that the games are always just full of fish, and you can open any 8 tables and they are fine to play on.....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I meant.

And I wasn't trying to be insulting or insinuate that you played 1/2. I didn't know what limit you played, but my point was simply "Whatever limit you play, at higher limits there are less fish and at lower limits there are more fish. No matter what limit you are playing, it is helpful for fish not to be scared away from a table because that means you get to spend more time playing poker and less time finding good tables."
Old 11-18-2005, 03:44 PM

I've only done this once and or twice and I think the time I did it was when someone started calling someone a JEW as if it were an ethnic slur. I don't care who the guy is at that point, I think when you start saying stuff like that you deserve to get kicked off a site even if you are a contributer.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:53 PM

I did it one time when this guy followed me to a new table and started cussing at me.

Unfortunately the site checked the logs of the other table we were playing on, and we both got our chat suspended.

I can't wait for the day I can report Phil Hellmuth.