Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pick % of the time will a bar w/ fries have mozzarella sticks too?
90 22 10.28%
75 56 26.17%
50 55 25.70%
25 63 29.44%
10 18 8.41%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Suppose you had a daughter

[quote
If men knew what was really going on in women's heads they would never get married or they would turn gay. Most women are gold diggin' ho's who want to marry you, divorce you, and then take 50% of your income for the rest of your life.

[/ QUOTE ] wow! someone must have done a number on you! I'm not saying we are perfect, but I've never turned anyone gay!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:34 PM

I have a daughter and a son, both very young.

What should I be afraid of? Did you rape girls in your youth? If I raise her well enough to make good choices based on what she wants, and teach her to be safe, what else am I afraid of?
Old 11-16-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I raise her well enough to make good choices based on what she wants, and teach her to be safe, what else am I afraid of?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I hope to do.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
would you rather your daughter be smart or hot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Smart, without hesitation.

Women trying to get by on their looks are a dime a dozen and working with a small window of opportunity.

I have 2 daughters, the elder is two years old. I have been thinking of intervention and intimidation tactics and screening criteria for her would be suitors since the ultra sound where we found out we were having a daughter. Before that it was more just contingency thinking.

I'm fine with having only daughters. The flip side of having a son is that if he is like what I was like in my late teens early twenties, I would probably die of stress.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If I raise her well enough to make good choices based on what she wants, and teach her to be safe, what else am I afraid of?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I want my daughter to be an independent adult as soon as she's able to be, and I want her to be happy and fulfilled, even if that means sleeping around or whatever (once she's adult, that is).

But I know, deep down, if she's young, and I see a guy who looks like trouble, I'll be having to work hard to resist the urge to threaten to cut him if he hurts her or treats her badly [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda off topic, but my friends and I (college students) pondering a question relating to daughters. If you could only have one, would you rather your daughter be smart or hot?

[/ QUOTE ]

This better not be close
Old 11-16-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If men knew what was really going on in women's heads they would never get married or they would turn gay. Most women are gold diggin' ho's who want to marry you, divorce you, and then take 50% of your income for the rest of your life. Women are also an awful lot sluttier than you seem to imagine. There is a short supply of really good ones, and if you can find one hold on and don't let her get away. If that's what you want of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. someone with less brains than a macaque rhesus monkey after the first course at a vietnamese wedding banquet. Awesome!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I want my daughter to be an independent adult as soon as she's able to be, and I want her to be happy and fulfilled, even if that means sleeping around or whatever (once she's adult, that is).

But I know, deep down, if she's young, and I see a guy who looks like trouble, I'll be having to work hard to resist the urge to threaten to cut him if he hurts her or treats her badly [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking to a guy with two early twenty's daughters. He sais he has had some "Come to Jesus" meetings with potential dates in his front yard, but those were stories best told over beers (we were in a busines development meeting).
Old 11-16-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 2 daughters, the elder is two years old. I have been thinking of intervention and intimidation tactics and screening criteria for her would be suitors since the ultra sound where we found out we were having a daughter. Before that it was more just contingency thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have news for you. In the heat of the moment, the boy with your daughter won't be thinking about you, what you think of him, or the consequences you may have in store for his actions.