Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: dealing with minraises against your BB @ later levels (55s)

Although I'm still playing on low levels, to me it seems like it would depend a lot on your table image in relation to the villian at this point. If he's consistenly forced you out, then wouldn't coming back hard this time represent strength? Wouldn't this also be a good way to set him up for the next hand when you play a monster identically? (yes, i'd be willing to simply call with AQ and pray that a King doesn't come up if he thought i'd bluff into him)

Alternatively, can't you reraise villian PF? This should show the strength you need as well as showing that you're willing to play. Next time he thinks of raising he'll likely remember this hand and how you defended your blind. Even if you don't take the hand down, this might be enough to get you some free draws in the future.

If you have a LAG image at the table, as mentioned by OP, I can't see why he'd minbet into you unless it was a value bet, in which case an 84o is likely a good hand to fold... or smooth call and hope you hit the nuts and check/fold on the flop, maybe to lead out or c/r on the turn if you sense you can take the hand.

Please flame me and expose any flaws... I'm still trying to work on my bubble play...
Old 08-26-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: dealing with minraises against your BB @ later levels (55s)

Any of youse guys that are advocating anything other than push or fold are wrong.

After you post, you have less than 10xBB. 2 out of the other 3 players have 10xBB. You do not have enough chips to be farting around with "plays".

Pushing here does not send the message that you don't want to be called. It puts the pressure back on Mr. min-raiser because getting you to fold is no longer an option. He knows he must beat your hand.

Here, your hand is very weak, you aren't in immediate danger of blinding out and 2 out of the other 3 players are in roughly the same shape as you are. This is a clear fold.

As I said before, if the min-raise happens again next orbit and you get a halfway decent hand, push.