Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: $55: Finally broke even... 649 SnGs + deposit bonus => Lessons learned

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AA Suited wrote:

Why couldn't my 1st bad streak be small like any other normal person? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Irieguy replied:

This is a common psychological poison. Do you really think that "normal people" have smaller downswings than you?

Do not assume this role. My bankrolls are going to drop 50 buy-ins and 500BB at some point before 2006. I struggle to be at peace with this statistical fact. A "normal" break-even player is likely to see much worse if they play enough.

Curtains is right about learning to play after you lose. The first step is to avoid the belief that you don't deserve whatever is happening... or that you are living an abnormal (statistical) existence.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

oh no.. my belief is that i suck at poker and all those winning weeks at $55 was because of the extra strength batteries in my luckbox. (i'm serious) [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

and this losing streak is the regular statistical norm.

the mere fact that i clawed my way back to even again is that i put in fresh batteries in my luckbox.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: $55: Finally broke even... 649 SnGs + deposit bonus => Lessons learned

I think taking a few days off is great advice. I am going through a similar situation right now. Even over 100. Little annoying I guess. But when I look at how many days I have played in the last 2 months...everyday except 3...I can start to put my finger on part of the problem. Days off is very important in straightening out your confidence.