Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 12:44 PM

Default Re: What are your favorite lines spoken at the table?

"Boo hoo"
Old 06-16-2004, 01:44 PM

Corollary to the threes line, the other night I heard a regular say, after a player picked up, "I'm taking the 1 seat. That seat is HOT!"
Old 06-16-2004, 01:49 PM

we have a guy at our local game that plays K2....and when he wins with it....he yells out"sometimes i play tight...sometimes i play loose....i love playing that king deuce"....oh well i guess you have to be there...we call him the phil hellmuth of our group since he whines all the time and when he wins...it's like he's the worlds greatest player
Old 06-16-2004, 02:31 PM

My favorite is "Deck Change!" It invariably means the player is horrible and is on tilt.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:26 PM

I didnt take the time to go through all of these, but these are some of my personal favorite lines.

While sitting at a 2-4 table with my friend, he gets into a big pot with 2 callers. He's raising on all cards and ends up turning over nothing. When I asked him what the hell he was doing, he says to me "I was trying to bluff him"

Same friend would later go on to win a pot with 72o in early position. He rakes in the pot and says "and they say this is the worst hand ever!"

And the most popular line at the regular home game..."It worked on TV"
Old 02-07-2005, 02:02 AM

beautiful! My favorite post in this thread! *bump*? Is that right?
Old 06-16-2004, 02:28 PM

Heard these last weekend in a 3/6/12 game:

"I need to play in a bigger game, people will play any trash at this table"

On the river, "Does a full house beat a flush?"

After losing a showdown, "I knew exactly what you had"

Lost Wages
Old 06-16-2004, 03:17 PM

After their check/call on the river, I love hearing "I knew he had the flush/straight/2pair/whatever, that's why I didn't bet".
Old 11-26-2004, 11:56 PM

I've probably made about 500 bets a year off this one
" I had to see it "
Old 11-27-2004, 05:54 AM

This is a big thread. Here in Jacksonville, FL, our poker room is a new one opened last year in a racetrack. They only play $1/$2 and $2 as far as HE goes. Here are my favorites:

1. "It's only another dollar." (I've told several managers that this should be the motto of the cardroom because I hear it at least a half dozen times a session)

2. "I had to play it." (This is usually when somebody takes KJ up against AA and wins on the river)

3. "I'll keep you honest." (Bluffing works about .5% of the time but apparently bluffing happens a lot. The caller usually has bottom pair or ace-high)

4. "How much can I raise?" (This usually happens on the turn because 90% of the players have no clue how to play and get confused when the betting doubles, and somehow they manage to always bet $1 on the $2 round and $2 on the $1 round)

5. "It's two this round, sir/ma'am." (This one ties with #4 because it doesn't seem like anybody knows how much they can bet on any round)

6. "I don't think about stuff like that." (In response to being informed of the horrible odds a player is getting by playing his hand and lucking out on the river)

7. "Why bother even looking at your cards?" (My question to a guy who rakes in a pot with 32o UTG)

8. "You're folding preflop? Yout must have been dealt the Rules card and the Ordering card." (Another question by me directed at the same guy who calls UTG with 32o then folds a few hands later in an unraised pot)

My favorite was a conversation I had with a woman who was terrible. One hand, I had AKo and raised from the blind (only one $1 blind in this game). Flop is all rags, and there's some raising going on. I fold. A few hands later, I pick up AQs and raise. Woman, who limped, decides to reraise. I call. Board comes Q-x-x. She bets, I raise, she reraises, I call. Turn and river are both rags. She bets each round and I call each time. She turns over T2o for no hand. I do a double-take and recheck the board to make sure I didn't miss something. I quizzically turn over my AQ to take the pot and kindly ask what she was thinking. She said "Well, last time you raised you had nuthin'."
Closed Thread