Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Semi-Life Crisis, need practical advice (longish)

This is the best advice you're going to get.

There's no shame in it, though, and free or cheap rent among reliable people who won't steal from you is like hitting the lottery when it comes to trying to get through life as a young adult and go to college too.

Stick with that bargain of a lifetime as long as you can. It will never get that easy again.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:18 PM

Your life is too frazzled now. Don't worry about missing a semester - that's not a big deal. Try to focus on being organized and disciplined for next few months - then take that mindest into the winter semester. Read books on being orgnaized and getting stuff done.

Try even getting the textbooks you will use in winter and start a self-study. You will then have it that much easier when classes start.

And the student loan people are some of the most flexible people around. Delaying your paybacks shouldn't be too hard.

Just stay away from things/people that divert your focus/energy.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:26 PM

Yeah, I have learned my lesson about roomates, I will extensively check out the people I will live with/rent a room out to in the future.

Honestly, I can and have supported myself with poker in the past, and my job will be a way to stay steady while I build up to my acceptable br level of 1000... which was depleted because I made the mistake of giving a crap about a family member and helping them out of debt.

Living with my family isnt really an option because A)I hate houston B) The way my family is, they suck the life out of me. I have ADHD, and sometimes I just dont remember to call/see my family, and they remind me of it at every possible opportunity. They make it so that I have no energy or willingness to go to school or anything, if that makes sense.

I will be moving to austin, but I just need to get [censored] straight. The only way I will not be taking two classes is if I can get the loan people to defer, which I very cynically doubt they will, no one hands anything out for free.

I will be gladly getting my own place once Im supporting myself with poker, as I average way more than enough to pay for 400 a month in rent, which I can find all day in San Marcos.

I know that this is a very important month for me, as the way things develop right now will affect my life directly and immensely for the coming years.

thanks for the advice and keep it coming. Btw, do books like that really help? I'd always thought of them as a gimmick (7 habits of effective poeple... come on).
Old 12-08-2005, 11:29 PM

Getting books for your classes in advance, as Racersedge suggested, and studying them can be a huge leg up on all your opposition(other students).
Old 12-09-2005, 12:10 AM

Student loans or poker.
Whatever happened to you banging hot chicks and having the time of your life?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Student loans or poker.
Whatever happened to you banging hot chicks and having the time of your life?

[/ QUOTE ]

its called being poor, and having to work to support myself.

actually I still do, when Im playing poker as my job (can work whenever there's nothign going on or pressing to study). This whole life thing is me trying to get myself set up to have the time of my life.