Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: wow foxnews is biased, look at headlines right now

But vulture, you do agree FOX is biased, right?
Old 10-14-2004, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you are referring to James Carville.

[/ QUOTE ]

No actually I am referring to Paul Begala. Paid Kerry advisor, co-host of Crossfire, and CNN is also sponsoring a blog by him on their web site.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But vulture, you do agree FOX is biased, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Their commentary shows are slanted towards the right, with the exception of Greta. I find the actual news to be fairly balanced. That being said, following each of the debates, while flipping channels listening to the various talking heads, I found that the team on Fox, Kristol in particular, werent giving Bush any freebies. They definitely called him out on what they felt his mistakes were. Also, Greta had her own post debate team, which included people on both sides. It seemed pretty fair to me. With all that, I dont find much wrong with a cable news channel slanting one way or the other. What bothers me more is the partisanship of the networks.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:17 AM

Default Why does the left ignore the bias at CNN and while crying foul at Fox

Is outrage fatigue of the left so massive that they simply do not have the energy?

For what its worth, I believe Fox is biased towards the right. I bleieve the CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, et cetera are all biased towards the left. I get my news and information from multiple sources and Fox "balances" it out and helps me form "fair" opinions on issues.

Stu
Old 10-15-2004, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Why does the left ignore the bias at CNN and while crying foul at

[ QUOTE ]
One of the most brilliant tactics the right-wing media came up with was to label the middle-of-the-road, moderate, trying-to-be-objective mainstream news outlets as "liberal," in order to justify their own right-wing bias

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, now that I pasted this quote, stu, I forgot who wrote it...linus something. Anyways dude, this tells it like it is.

CBS wants to do a story about Reagan like 15 years after he was President. Since it doesn't 100% glorify ol' Ronnie, Cons protest. CBS bows to the pressure. Sinclair wants to do some good tasty yellow journalism two weeks before an election. They laugh at the outrage.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the most brilliant tactics the right-wing media came up with was to label the middle-of-the-road, moderate, trying-to-be-objective mainstream news outlets as "liberal," in order to justify their own right-wing bias

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely! I really can't understand how this isn't as obvious to everyone else as it is to me!!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely! I really can't understand how this isn't as obvious to everyone else as it is to me!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It is marketing genius. Fox does a very effective job of defferentiating itself from its competitors. Thats why they are the market leader.

In a convuluted way, Fox is being truthful in its "fair and balanced" claims. Considering that every other televised source of news and information tilts left, If you do not get some of your news and information from sources that tilt to the right, you cannot form "fair and balanced" opinion on issues. If your are content to get your news and information from soley left leaning or soley right leaning sources, you are no better than a common sheep.

Stu
Old 10-15-2004, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Why does the left ignore the bias at CNN and while crying foul at

[ QUOTE ]
CBS wants to do a story about Reagan like 15 years after he was President. Since it doesn't 100% glorify ol' Ronnie, Cons protest. CBS bows to the pressure. Sinclair wants to do some good tasty yellow journalism two weeks before an election. They laugh at the outrage.

[/ QUOTE ]

CBS is a liberal old faithful. Thet can reliably be counted on to run an Anti-Republican peice before every election.

Stu
Old 10-15-2004, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that every other televised source of news and information tilts left

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Every one? Statistically speaking, that makes them the center, with Fox as the outlier.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really? Every one? Statistically speaking, that makes them the center, with Fox as the outlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how you look at it.

In the real world Fox News commands 55% of the cable news market. That places the Fox News audience in the mainstream and the audience of all other cable news providers out on the fringe.

Stu