Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: are we liking this turn check/raise?

Going for a check-raise on the turn doesn't seem logical because you were the preflop and flop aggressor. What made you think someone in late position was going to bet for you? Someone did and so your plan worked out, but I am unable to determine from your post how you had a reasonably sure expectation of that happening.

Now I will go check HEPAP.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why on earth would you want to give everyone a free peak at the river? they want to fold. let them.

[/ QUOTE ]

well not to be an [censored], but apparently you guys are too boring or something. from HEFAP (advanced players...maybe that is telling me something about you guys? kidding....)

"Here's an example. Suppose you start with AK and the flop comes A 9 2 rainbow. You have bet the flop and have been called by everyone and have every reason to believe that you have the best hand. If a blank hits on 4th street, which menas it is still likely you have the best hand, you frequently should check and prepare to check raise if someone else bets"

page 142. explain. go. now.

[/ QUOTE ]

HEFAP assumes your playing against ultra aggressive players who will bet anything at any sign of weakness.

This concept does not apply here, you should always bet this turn, end of story.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:05 AM

This isn't true at all. Let me give you an example of a play that you should make against a 2+2er.

He opens in MP and you 3-bet from the blinds with AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Flop - A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - Bet/call
Turn - 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - Bet/call
River - 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - You NEED to check raise here. He has AQ-A9 everytime. He is taking a WA/WB line and calling down or betting when checked to (correctly). Make him pay for using this strategy.

Brad
Old 08-08-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
am i thinking more advanced than i ought to by following their guidelines?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
am i thinking more advanced than i ought to by following their guidelines?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not to say that HEPFAP has no place in out game. I use a lot of the concepts in SH play, as well as at a table where there might be a TAG or 2. You should definetely read it, but pay close attention to where the advice applies.

And of course HEPFAP is necessary to understand half the stuff Shillx is talking about most of the time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]