Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: did I overplay this?

For a loose low limit game, SB's play is consistent with the nut low draw hitting on the river. MP strikes me as someone who had the nut straight on the turn and picked up either a low flush or a weak low.

I don't hate just calling on the flop. Top two pair on a flop with an ace and a possible low draw is not a nice position to be in with a high-only hand. Especially if I think I can't get anyone to fold, I would consider calling and re-evaluating on the turn, since there are so many good cards and so many bad cards that can come.

The pushing on the turn is good, especially since you have redraws.

The raise on the river is defensible, although I am not entirely thrilled about it. Actually, I don't fear the nut flush that much. Rather, I am concerned that MP has merely the straight while SB clearly has a low. To make money from the river action, you need MP to call and split his money between your high and the SB's low. I would have preferred to just call the SB, hoping for an overcall from MP, who really shouldn't call a bet and raise with just a straight (but might if he also had a decent low).
Old 06-06-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: did I overplay this?

Your play looks fine to me except the river raise.