Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Cheater

I'd like to add a couple of things and recap from a couple of the previous posters. I've seen players accuse other players of cheating because they were drawn out (heck I see this on-line all the time and people accuse the site to somehow be rigged), so I’d be cautious of labeling someone a cheater. Another thing to ask is your limits. Limits are somewhat relative, but if there is a skilled mechanic in the game would he be playing in your limits? If you are playing very low limits I’d ask myself would someone of his skill mess around at the limits I play. It could very easily be yes, but I believe it’s a question to ask yourself.

Usually the home games that I play in, someone can vouch for someone. Does someone know this guy? Also, if you don’t like the guy, a cheater or not, just don’t invite him back. We’ve had many players that just didn’t get along with the usual crew, either because they were too emotionally charged, weren’t conducive too our friendly games, just plain annoying, etc. With such a poker boom, finding players isn’t hard.

Also, for ways to stop suspected cheating during dealer’s choice style games, is to enforce rules, such as having the cards cut by the player to the right before dealing, introducing a cut-card or card protector for the bottom of the deck, and to watch the guy deal. I wouldn’t say we’ve had players intentionally “cheat”, although it’s the right of all players to ensure the pot is right, cards are dealt properly, etc. Sometimes players are sloppy with their deals and it should be everyone’s responsibility to ensure the cards are dealt properly, so pointing out to players when they flash cards should be everyone’s responsibility.

So bottom line, determine if this guy is actually cheating through observation, enforce rules of the games to limit the possibility of cheating, and determine if you want this guy playing in your home game.

j.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:27 PM

Come on, there's no way to win a poker without cheating, that game is unbeatable, every cheater knows that...
Old 12-21-2005, 02:09 PM

This does NOT guarantee no bottom dealing. There is a move called a glide, where you slide back the bottom card with you deck-holding fingers (cut card or not) and pull the one you want out.