Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Gigabet hand in WPT event.

I play the hand passively after the flop resistance.

I can't imagine folding this.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:31 PM

why not reraise on the flop the define your hand even more? i think if then he reraises, that makes it much more foldable.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:49 PM

Gigabets huge flop bet confuses the situation greatly by adding multiple layers of psychology to the hand. With the large flop bet Dan has to be thinking why Gigabet would make such a large bet. Is he making a move on me or is he LAG'ing it up on me? When Dan raises Gigabet, Giga has to be concerned what is going through Dan's mind. This applies to the flop and turn. The pot is getting exponentially bigger and without me being there and observing how Gigabet has been playing previously it's difficult for me to comment if Dan percieves
Gigabets play to be with a legitimate hand or as just another attempt to steal a
pot with garbage.

Had I played the hand I would have made a much smaller flop bet or better yet I would have checkraised the flop. If I make a conventional flop bet and I am raised then I reraise.
I still would have committed less chips into the pot than Gigabet ultimately did plus Dan will know that I am serious about my hand and he probably will not try to run a bluff at me.

I don't know if I make any sense or not, but I'm done rambling.

Bruce
Old 10-20-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harrington is almost certainly a lock for a big hand now (although there is a small chance of pure bluff) as a good draw almost certainly calls, same with a good one pair hand like KJ/QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why then you think Dan is raising the flop with 33?

I can certainly see Dan raising the flop with AJ or KJ, and since he knows Darrell is a pretty agressive player, when Darrell bets the turn, Dan is letting him know that his flop raise was serious and then maybe check the river.

Why Darrell is not beting a hand like QJh or J7h in the turn?

Why Darrell's bet in the turn means strenght to Dan? Maybe Darrell thought Dan was in a resteal in the flop and now he wants to win the pot with a bet.

There are more options, I don't like Giga's line in this hand.

Disclaimer: There is the possibility that Darrell knows something about Dan that we don't. Maybe when Dan raises a person that bet the pot, he's never in a resteal. Maybe Dan never raises the turn with a one pair hand, I don't know, have not played with Dan yet.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:59 PM

Dan could quite possibly call the flop with 33, an excellent point.

I certainly see a flop raise with AJ/KJ, but I think a turn call is much more likely than a turn raise with those hands (also a preflop raise is highly likely).

I can't see Dan raising a flop bet and raising a turn bet all on a move here. Sure its possible, but it just seems highly unlikely.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:11 PM

I agree with your range.

Would you include this:

With the bet sizes the first thing I thought Dan may have is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] w/ a decent [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] kicker.

Dan may still think he is good, but just gained a lot of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] outs on the river, and therefore minraises Giga to build a bigger pot.

Just a thought.

I guess min-raises scare more 2+2ers than I thought.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-20-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with your range.

Would you include this:

With the bet sizes the first thing I thought Dan may have is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] w/ a decent [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] kicker.

Dan may still think he is good, but just gained a lot of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] outs on the river, and therefore minraises Giga to build a bigger pot.

Just a thought.

I guess min-raises scare more 2+2ers than I thought.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I didn't try butchering the analysis at 530am like I thought about doing...you guys are actually, you know, picking up on things to think about. My commentary was going to be, top two, ooog ooog, caveman shoooooooooove or something.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:43 PM

i agree w/ sossman's post in the stt thread w/ the picture, i don't see how you can not get your $ in here...
Old 10-20-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My commentary was going to be, top two, ooog ooog, caveman shoooooooooove or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

i must have to work on my game a lot more, because thats all i see w/ this one
Old 10-20-2005, 03:50 PM

Okay, I know Im going to get butchered for this, but is there any possibility of scared money?

Im really having a hard time rationalizing the fold here.