Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: HU battle history - I think this should be really interesting...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
..half joke so you have an escape route... Kindof anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, EXACTLY like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone see the irony?

I feel pathetic right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony is goot.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
..half joke so you have an escape route... Kindof anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, EXACTLY like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone see the irony?

I feel pathetic right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just meant to say nh on your psychological insight; didn't mean to trash your skills with the ladies or at the table.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:11 AM

I may be way off, but I believe he was pointing out the irony in that, while he made what was a completely valid comparison, he tacked on an "almost like that" at the end, as a perfect example of the behavior he was explaining.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Spot on xorbie.

fafe

(I'm multitabling and don't have time to write out a post. Since I'm cool, like fim you know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

EDIT: I did, however, have time to edit in a comma. I'm funny like that.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Spot on xorbie.

[ QUOTE ]
fafe

(I'm multitabling and don't have time to write out a post. Since I'm cool like fim you know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I got that (the irony). "I feel pathetic," had me thinking he had taken what I said as disrespectful. Cool.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like hand 3 or 4

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, you can't come into the thread about my long ass post and then just say 'I don't like the two hands where you made a lot of money in difficult situations' and not explain. And are you implying by omission that you DO like Hand 2, which I think is dreadful?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont like hand 3 or 4

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, you can't come into the thread about my long ass post and then just say 'I don't like the two hands where you made a lot of money in difficult situations' and not explain. And are you implying by omission that you DO like Hand 2, which I think is dreadful?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry

I dont think hand 2 is that bad... You made a decision and it happened to be wrong. You had a prior read which you applied, and, as the situation turned out, it was misapplied because you mistook a bet size to mean the same size as an earlier identical action but different bet size. When analyzing patterns this happens. I really liked how it was played out / etc. So yeah, I like hand 2.

To me, hand 3 I would've taken different actions on many streets. I'd fold pf. (Well, maybe not, but probably) I'd fold the flop. I'd fold the turn. River was good.

Why? Stacks arent great/you're not closing the action/stacks aren't that big. two gapper suiteds arent really that much fun... I play alot of gappers and similar things, (I am looser I think then the avg 2+2er) but I generally like to be the aggressor, which is a huge difference esp. in the play of shorthanded poker.

The flop it's clear it's a continuation bet, but even if PFR doesn't have you beaten, a guy behind you could. You have weak mid pair, even hands PFR doesnt like now (TT, for example) are still strongly in the lead. Even if he has AQ/etc (like what he had) he still has decent pot equity (~25%) So I fold there. I dont like this flop, it's getting to be big, [censored] it.

On the turn, he bets a 2nd barrell. I generally respect 2nd barrells unless i'm vs a maniac. Here he either has a king (or better) or has nothing. You made a decision, so fine, works for you. River, yes, he's either bluffing to that point or will check/call, very little value in betting. So good street there, and frankly, you got lucky results were what they were :P

Hand 4 isn't as bad as hand 3, but sometimes I reraise pf in blind combat. Sometimes I just fold. Calling is great, too. But once again... When you become the pacifist pf, and elect to not take the lead, and the flop misses completely, with no pair and no draw generally it's a raise or fold. There are WAY too many cards which, even if A-9 high is good, can win the pot for the enemy. So I may raise the flop, which technically looks like a bluff flop raise, (and unfortunately on this board, may look like a semibluff, lessening fold equity esp. HU for mid pair or underpair type stuff) but I think is the move. So if you really want the pot make it 25 total nad then be done.

Once you've gotten to the turn the way you have, He doesn't have to have a flush, it actually looks like a good queen, so the call is fine.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:07 PM

Ok cool. I am definitely still feeling my way in these extremely short-handed situations. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:41 PM

Wow, first time in a multihand post that Ive guessed pretty much exactly each hand for villian.

In hand 2 I stopped playing TT that way a long time ago as people are almost always turning over JJ-QQ or a set.

I would play hand 3 the same way against a person I know. Against an unknown id fold to 2nd barrel. I put him on Ax x >10 here so I would really, really like this line if you had 9x where x > 10 so hes getting reverese dominated.