5 5 3.38%
4 4 2.70%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 7 4.73%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Dextromorphinehydrobromide

(I probably [censored] up that spelling) was the chemical in cough suppressants that if taken in large amounts would make you trip. My best (and surprisingly shy and innocuous looking) friend in college got a hold of it in pure form before it became illegal to sell in bulk (he manufactured all kinds of crazy pseudo legal drugs)

There used to be cough suppressants (certain kinds) that you could take that didn't have guafinisin (which would make you puke) to make you trip like this

I tried it once and it was lame, but other people were taking much more, and it's supposedly kind of a disassociative out of body thing, like special K.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Dextromorphinehydrobromide

The best commercially available absinthe is by Jade. Anything else is a waste of time and money.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:31 AM

beetz,

In my younger days, I robo-tripped. I had a buddy who had some real issues with that crap... he was able to get it powdered before it was scheduled, and it seemed like he got pretty hung up on that crap. I never found the high from DXM to be much to write home about... its mildly dissociative, but the amount you have to consume to get seriously messed up is huge, and I don't like drinking that much cough syrup. There are still brands that don't have any expectorants (guafenasin) or stimulants (pseudoephedrine) in them... tussin max and certain types of... vicks 44? are just DXM. If your state sells Cepacol Cough & Cold (Triple Cs, Red Devils, etc), those are DXM pills... quite useful. Never gotten ahold of, and most states have stopped carrying them. YMMV.

Oh, and uh, it doesn't compare to Ketamine. At all.

Apparently some dude has already ordered 2 bottles of decent absinthe - we should have a trip report up by the end of December, and I'm willing to wait until then to make my decision about this stuff. Until then, I think I might just call my doctor and tell him I have a really painful cough.

Sittin Sidewayz,
yasher
Old 12-03-2005, 02:39 AM

yasher,

Here is a link to a Wired article about the company that HiddenOuts and I have linked to.

TRON
Old 12-03-2005, 02:40 AM

Tron,

I've got that bookmarked already. Thanks man.

Go Texas,
yasher
Old 12-03-2005, 02:46 AM

yasher,

Why do you need absinthe? Apparently you are hallucinating already.

Don't forget about last year's national championship,
TRON
Old 12-03-2005, 02:53 AM

Tron,

I wouldn't bet on Texas, but I can still root for em.

Born & raised a Miami fan, I'm still recovering from the 02 game vs OSU.

Yup,
yasher
Old 12-03-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Experiences with absinthe?

I went to Amsterdam last summer, so ofcourse I had to try absinthe. The first night my friends and I were all really tired but we decided to get tore up anyway. We smoked and drank from about 4pm (I love Amsterdam, people drink beers for breakfast.) In a bar we noticed absinthe and each tried a few shots. Absinthe is disgusting by the way, the harshest liquor I have ever tasted.

Needless to say, we all got absolutely trashed that night. We got back to our room sometime the next morning. All we remember from the night was getting lost, and using tram maps to get back to our hotel. I got really drunk but that is about it, no hallucinations and I had about 4 shots of it on top of many beers and many jays.

I snuck a bottle back home and barely drank any of it. There are really no effects from it, and it taste horrible. There is no reason not to get it though, just don't expect to see green goblins.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Experiences with absinthe?

[ QUOTE ]
I went to Amsterdam last summer, so ofcourse I had to try absinthe. The first night my friends and I were all really tired but we decided to get tore up anyway. We smoked and drank from about 4pm (I love Amsterdam, people drink beers for breakfast.) In a bar we noticed absinthe and each tried a few shots. Absinthe is disgusting by the way, the harshest liquor I have ever tasted.

Needless to say, we all got absolutely trashed that night. We got back to our room sometime the next morning. All we remember from the night was getting lost, and using tram maps to get back to our hotel. I got really drunk but that is about it, no hallucinations and I had about 4 shots of it on top of many beers and many jays.

I snuck a bottle back home and barely drank any of it. There are really no effects from it, and it taste horrible. There is no reason not to get it though, just don't expect to see green goblins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto this post. I tried this stuff on my last AC trip. The worst thing i have ever had. It was painful judt getting it down... and the effects? it got me drunk. had a psuedo calming effect, but no green fairies.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:32 PM

Yah, it was drixol cough only or something that wouldn't make you puke if you ate enough to robo trip, but like I said, this dude had it in pure form. It's a retarded drug.

I would like to buy some absynthe, I would like to hear if anyone orders a bottle and it is genuine, in which case I will order one as well.