Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Any good books on single table SnGs?

[ QUOTE ]
A great book could be written about how to beat SnGs at all levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, maybe not. SnGs encompass a wide variety of games, requiring different skills and strategy. I only play at Party and Stars, and I can identify at least half a dozen distinctly different games, all called SnGs (Party 800 chip games, Party 1000 chip games, Stars regular SnGs, Stars turbos, etc.).

[ QUOTE ]
This book doesn't exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does exist. The only catch is that it is scattered through the threads and archives of this forum.

[ QUOTE ]
Many, many people would pay good money if it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many? Is there really enough of a market to cover the effort and cost of putting out such a book?

[ QUOTE ]
If I was beating the high buyins and had thought a lot more about the game, I would write it. Those who are and have, should.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were beating the high buyins, you would probably be making more money than you could writing a book. And the player pool at that level is relatively small, so you don't want to give away any secrets. And, as we have all seen, being able to beat the game is no indication that you can teach the game.

Over the years, a number of people have indicated here that they were working on such a book. For whatever reasons, none have done so.