Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2004, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Doesn\'t anyone wanna complain about CANADIAN politics?

You must be joking.
is that it?
BTW when I was talking about expensive beer I was talking about the $30 a 12-pack for Labatt Blue!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:18 PM

Ouch! Now that is expensive.

In ontario you get a case for just over 30.. in Quebec you can get a case for $22 canadian. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You gotta give credit where credit is due. And I'm telling you... cheep beer, the people, the quebecers know how to have fun. If you go to a show/concert/strip-club in montreal man.. you'll never think otherwise.

Matt
Old 02-12-2004, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah you guys really did well in 1812.

Fort York was a high point for you, I believe.

Regardless, Canada already hides WMDs. Tie Domi is located at 40 Bay St. I believe he'll be there tonight. I await "shock and awe". Decapitation attacks have so far been proven failures.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2004, 08:36 PM

dude down here, 12 pack of Labatt's, $12-14. BTW Labatt's is my favorite Canadian brew. No others really to mention though.
Montreal, now there's a place I want to go. I hear its fun, plus they don't really like being canadian [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 08:37 PM

Fort York was a high point for you, I believe.
would any of you Canucks like to list or elaborate on a military high point for your military? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 09:37 PM

"would any of you Canucks like to list or elaborate on a military high point for your military? " - Wake"

Try this: junobeach.org

"In September 1939, Canada declared the state of war. Standing up for its allies and summoning all its human, industrial and financial resources in an ongoing war effort, Canada mobilized the mightiest military force in its history."

We did what we could. When did the US join WW2?

Check this out IBM and the Holocaust

This was typical of what big US business thought of hitler [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. (Actually I think any foreign big business that was not legally restricted from doing business with the nazis would and did) Business has no morals. Profit only. That book shows that pretty clearly.

I think the US waited 2 more years to even get involved... While IBM was happily profiteering and doing business with the nazis while they began thier extermination of the jews. (particularly watson (founder) of IBM who got a medal from Hitler himself for helping make the holocaust run IBM efficient [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Only when thier own interests were threatened (Dec 7, 1941) and they were forced involuntarily into the war did the US finally push its business interests aside in favor of national security.

Ya'll did a great job when you finallly got there though, don't get me wrong.. and the world thanks you. But the infalated notion that the US 'saved the world' is a load of crap. It was a team effort. All the allies played thier part. Without any member.. UK... Russia.. USA.. they would all have failed.

Matt

PS: My good friend just returned from tour in the candaian peacekeeping mission to Bosnia under NATO. We're leading the current batch of soldiers in Afghanistan as well. That's gotta count for something.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:23 PM

Yeah, good old IBM. I guess someone had to make concentration camp punchcards right?

-Diplomat
Old 02-12-2004, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must be joking.
is that it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I'm exhausted and more interested in drinking beer than discussing beer today. But c'mon -- try something other than Blue. Cremore for example (although I think it's only available in Ontario -- we don't export the good stuff), or Kieth's...maybe you like Blue because it's similar to Bud? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Diplomat
Old 02-12-2004, 11:37 PM

well blue is a pilsner and bud is a lager, just like the taste I guess, thats got to count for something.

Old 02-12-2004, 11:48 PM

Only when thier own interests were threatened (Dec 7, 1941) and they were forced involuntarily into the war did the US finally push its business interests aside in favor of national security.
the fact that you say this cracks me up. Maybe your not familiar with American foreign policy at that time. America was an isloationist country, they didn't want to get involved in "Europes" war. Also America was trying to get its economy straightened out, remember the great depression.

as for the IBM thing, I don't think anyone knew how bad Hitler was at the time, most people knew nothing about the concentration camps, so don't imply IBM was a partner to the holocaust.

now as for Canada joining the war, the main reason was probably because Britain had declared war, so naturally Canada follows.