Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2003, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Winner of the Zoo does True Poker Tournament

I wanted to add my thanks to Cup for pulling this together. The poker was fun and, although there were some connectivity problems, the tourney ran quite smoothly. Some interesting hands were played including Quad Kings on our table not once but twice. I busted out fairly early (16th) when we were down to 2 tables due to a really stupid call and then two desperation all ins...ok the last one wasn't really desperate but when you are looking at AKo in the SB with only the BB left shouldn't you go all in? The fact that he (not gonna say who) called with a 7-4o and then hit a set of 7's really doesn't matter. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Our table was really loose early while Jek was being treated by a nurse for the cuts that the deck was leaving on his face. One player, who will remain nameless, seemed to have a great fascination with everyones Mother. thomastem parked his Bull (?) Bison in heat outside but his buzzard was allowed to circle. Note to thomas, Bull Bisons do not have "heat". All in all a great time playing with some really good players who made it fun (thomastem, homer, jek, rusty, in particular) See you next time.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:38 AM

Just wanted to thank Cup for putting this together it really was a fun time, and a nice change of pace with everyone playing "solid" poker, it was nice when you lost a pot you were actually beat by solids cards/plays(except when homer was taking everyone's blinds for about 10 straight minutes...lol)

I would love to be involved in the next one....maybe this can count as quality post (or atleast half of one)

Thanks again.
Scott
Old 08-29-2003, 08:40 AM

My thanks also to Cup. My tourney could be summed up in 3 hands. Chased and missed one big draw. Failed to semibluff jek187 off his draw + overcards, then shortstacked played 77 like a monkey (Hellmuth???)and busted out despite rivering my set.

Oh, well, now I'm warmed up for KotZ III next week.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:07 AM

Thanks to all who played it was a great time. I went out when my KK lost to Fluffy Frog's AA. Congrats to Mr. Radar for pulling off the newbie win. MS, *sigh* nice finish. I'd like to hear some feedback(via PM) on what you guys liked and didn't like about the tourney. I will be doing another next month. I gotta run, I'll make another post in a little while.

Cup
Old 08-29-2003, 09:41 AM

I thought the blinds went up a little too fast. Other than that, the only thing that sucked was my top 2 pair losing to a one card flush. You have anything to fix that?

Thanks inthacup! Congrats to the winners.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:47 AM

Cup, I just wanted to add the thanks that you have been getting for setting everything up, as well as to to Ben and the others at True who helped out. I had a great time and hope to do it again soon. I'll be away from poker for a few days (vacation in Yellowstone), but I look forward to more of your perspective and other's, too.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:04 AM

this was my first tournament with 2+2. this looks like a great community of players, so I look forward to being involved some more. i feel sorta bad that i got such a good run of cards on my first try. you guys were a pleasure to play with. and thanks inthacup, of coursse.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:14 AM

I want to add my thanks to cup and others who set up the tournament. Enjoyed it and look forward to next weeks.I think it was more disapponting not makeing a better showing in the tourney than losing $300 at Foxwoods Thursday. I blame both losses on the "luck factor".
Old 08-29-2003, 11:24 AM

I'd like to hear some feedback(via PM) on what you guys liked and didn't like about the tourney.

Either have more starting chips or have the limits go up less quickly. 15 minutes per level was not enough to make the tournament more than a crapshoot, imo.

-- Homer
Old 08-29-2003, 11:24 AM

Congrats Mr Radar and MsSunshine(who knocked me out in 5th [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]). Thanks Cup was a fun tourny. It sure was different, started at a table with 8% seeing the flop. What a bunch of tigth wads [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].