Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2004, 10:46 PM

Default min raise can be good, but so can a challange

I also agree that to say the min. raise is always wrong is wrong. What about the time you come up against someone that loves to come over the top of your min raises? what if you have the hand and if you check or bet the pot she will fold? will you still count that?

That said, I love the challange!!!

there is something to be said for forcing yourself to play in a disciplined manner! the other day, I tried to go three game without playing suited connectors. I only gave in once and that was with A,K and I lost that hand. Talk about carma. Anyway I was in the money all three games. Alas, I am sure I play much smaller limits than you all. But I still think the challange is a good one.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Re: A Challenge

Hyde,

I have been pretty busy working this week, so didn't play as much as I wanted. I have played 22 games, of which about 8 were HU, 2 were MTTs, the rest were about evenly split between $27 Turbos, and $33 SNGs. I have min-raised 4 times. Twice because the blinds were so big that if I didn't want to push, I could not make any other raise, and twice just by hitting the raise button without thinking.

My aggressiveness seems better, I have won a lot more pots without showdown. I am going to have to get used to stack management when I am committing a larger portion of it every time I do make a raise. The ROI this week was +ev but nothing to write home about.

Overall, I think a good learning process.

If you don't mind the flak from the professional bystanders that have never min-raised in their lives, let me know how you did.

Doc