Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Where do you stop it?

Check/fold as soon as possible in this hand. I don't know why you feel entitled to a 2.5sb pot because there's only one limper to your blind, but christ, you have 5 high. Check the flop, hope he bets, and if he doesn't, check the turn so he gets the hint.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:22 AM

I'd consider the flop bet, and thats about it against an unknown

I'd need a read on the player letting go often postflop to try this sorta pure bluff

generally you only purebluff(W$SD=0 if called) when all the cards are out, against players that frequently make terrible calls, you end up throwing in a bunch of bets with nothing, and no outs .. firing 3barrels like this seems like terrible spewage

it may work on occasion, but it needs to work very often for this to be good. 1/2 donks calldown way too much, thats why its a good game, not because you can push them off something w/ 5high
Old 09-03-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A steal would more likely be to check-raise the flop, or lead the turn if he checks behind on flop. This looks like a weak flush draw that you played badly and I'd call you down with just about any hand i'd limp UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open-limping at 6-max? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's bad isnt it? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's bad like open-limping 3 off the button.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:47 AM

It's true that you win when he folds. But I wouldn't base a poker-theory one that sole fact. I think just as he didn't show any strength, he didn't really show any weakness either. Actually, you did not really give him a chance to show strength or weakness. Maybe you should have at least checked the turn so you can watch if he checks behind you or bets. Many people just don't seem to like raising. And your bluff would have been a little bit more impressive after the high card came, especially if he has nothing in his hand at all. This way you didn't make it difficult once for a calling-station or any other passiv player.

Regards.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:37 PM

I am confident about my flop play (however not sure how frequently to bet - 30%, 50%?) and my river play. I play the same at 3/6. The turn bet looks donk-y but I feel that if I don't get raised there I can steal the pot on the river.
I wish I had reads but I was 4-tabling,, drinking and didn't really care.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am confident about my flop play (however not sure how frequently to bet - 30%, 50%?) and my river play. I play the same at 3/6. The turn bet looks donk-y but I feel that if I don't get raised there I can steal the pot on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

the player base at 3/6 is too varied to 3barrel bluff with 5high nodraw without reads

I doubt this is profitable at either level. 50% success rate is damn high
Old 09-03-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the player base at 3/6 is too varied to 3barrel bluff with 5high nodraw without reads

I doubt this is profitable at either level. 50% success rate is damn high

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this big complaint in the 2p2 forum:
My posts are too often misread.
I can blame my poor English for 1 thing but is it only that?

I tried to say that I am confident about flop and river play but not the turn. So no. I wouldn't 3-barrel.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:56 PM

to get to the river in a position to steal, you need to fire on the turn

if you bet the flop, check the turn .. he'll bet a lot, and if he checks .. you might be able to pick it up on the river, but it still needs to work a ton of the time

I still think its a bad idea at 1/2 where people call too much, with too little but everything beats you this time, you make money by betting good hands, and occasion well timed bluffs .. this just seems like reckless spewing

at 3/6 you get raised more often, and they bluffraise more too, so you get forced off this type of line too often