Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: My poker (loser) experience

You obviously have skills to build a roll like that so fast. However, you obviously have some conflicts going on in your head that are going to affect your play regardless of skill level. You need to resolve those issues to play at the level you are capable of. Send me what's left of your BR for safekeeping. Either solve your problems or learn to put them aside while you play. I speak from experience, no matter how good you are, no matter how much better you are than the others sitting at your table, if you have things going on that cause you to make bad decisions, it will destroy your bankroll. Step away from the table.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:26 PM

Discipline and self-control are vital poker skills. Forget all that other crap.

You must learn discipline.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Discipline and self-control are vital poker skills. Forget all that other crap.

You must learn discipline.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. Raw skill means nothing if you don't have discipline. Obviously the issues in your life are affecting your poker, don't play until you have that [censored] with your parents/God sorted out, it will ruin you.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:35 PM

I know plenty of players that were down to $0 after beating high stakes games for some time, you'll be surprise at how fast you can climb back up if you force yourself to play well at low stakes. Don't worry about that part of the problem
Old 12-20-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I can make money at poker but I need a lot of discipline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait...within a year you went from first deposit to NL 2K? After putting in 15 hours per week!?

LOLOL.

You are not fit for this lifestyle. You may be intelligent, but you have absolutely zero discipline whatsoever. You are greedy. Looks like your parents may have been right.

Now you don't know what to do b/c you cannot fathom telling your 'rents that you lost money playing poker. And on top of that, you are bad at poker.

Tough situation. I'd say get a job in the "real world" with the rest of the dreamers. Not trying to be rude, just honest. You have no effing clue what you are doing.

Good luck.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait...within a year you went from first deposit to NL 2K? After putting in 15 hours per week!?

LOLOL.

You are not fit for this lifestyle. You may be intelligent, but you have absolutely zero discipline whatsoever. You are greedy. Looks like your parents may have been right.

Now you don't know what to do b/c you cannot fathom telling your 'rents that you lost money playing poker. And on top of that, you are bad at poker.

Tough situation. I'd say get a job in the "real world" with the rest of the dreamers. Not trying to be rude, just honest. You have no effing clue what you are doing.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me If you want to see my PT stats. I agree with only one thing you said in this post. I lack discipline and money management skills.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOL.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me If you want to see my PT stats. I agree with only one thing you said in this post. I lack discipline and money management skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said you lacked money management skills, but now that you mention it, yes. You do.

What will PMing me your PT stats show? That overall you are down this year? That you are a losing player? That you may or may not have went on a sick run of cards and were up 30 buy ins at the highest level? What is the point? By your admission, you've basically invested about 750 hours into poker this year (15x50). I simply think that this is not enough time/energy to devote before playing the highest stakes on your site.

You really probably have no idea if you are a "winning player". You may be a Mike Matusow type of cash game player. Great at collecting money, and even better at losing it.

I just hope (for your parents sake) that you were smart enough to put some of that 60K into savings/investments before you threw it all away.

Good luck.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:10 PM

Grow some testicles and stop worrying about what your parents think! Geez, I'm not much older than you and I talk to my parents maybe once a month, max. And on the phone at that - If I don't want to talk to them about something, I don't. If you were 18 and living at home, okay this post might make sense but you're 28 freak'n years old. Grow up already!

That being said, Gamblers Anonymous, dude, seriously! Do you really think what you are doing is a sustainable lifestyle? Are you trying to prove your parents right, or are just just rebelling with no purpose? Again, if you were still a teenager, fine, whatever, but you're a grown [censored] man! Stop behaving like a spoiled [censored] child!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:19 PM

Some of the responses on here are horrible. What is wrong with simple respect for your father and mother?!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of the responses on here are horrible. What is wrong with simple respect for your father and mother?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was'nt expecting a lot of the posters to understand my situation. Its a reflection of the difference in traditions. Only people who come from a similar background will understand. I agree with living your own life. But your family vales and traditions should mean a thing or two. I made this post to let it out and people sure are giving it to me. Please keep them coming.