Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Almost called ambulance for myself last night

Since you make many millions selling product on ebay, you should hire a high-end personal trainer and nutritionist. Rich friends have done this and achieved phenomenal results.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:51 PM

I think it takes a VERY strong and disciplined person to look at all the things they shouldn't be eating (NO sweets, NO eating out, NO fried foods) in order to lose weight and one day just stop eating them. Near impossible I would imagine...or at least it would be for me. Usually this results in a couple days of following the diet then giving up and binging completely. I think it would be a good idea for you to set goals for yourself; maybe even go so far as to keep a journal. In a journal you could put your goals and record your progress, write things in there such as "I wanted to go out to eat today but instead stayed home and made myself a chicken breast and veggies. I felt very good afterwards" Then you are using positive reinforcement because you can read over it later and make yourself feel good.

Maybe record monthly stats on your weight and body measurements and put them somewhere you can see them often to remind yourself what progress you are making.

Just a couple suggestions, good luck!
Old 10-31-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everything you hear will involve eating less (of the crap) and moving more, but I suppose you already know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't read the whole thread yet so maybe someone has already pointed this out. the key is not eating less, it's eating the right food. you could eat just vegetables and fruit like a pig, but with excercise you will keep losing weight.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
drink lots of water

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good advice.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everything you hear will involve eating less (of the crap) and moving more, but I suppose you already know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't read the whole thread yet so maybe someone has already pointed this out. the key is not eating less, it's eating the right food. you could eat just vegetables and fruit like a pig, but with excercise you will keep losing weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruiser, I have to disagree. Its calorie in v calorie out. If you eat 5000 calories of fruit vegetables, and chicken, and expend 4000 per day, you will get fat. The only thing is, its hard to eat that many calories eating those foods. See a doctor though, not OOT.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:55 PM

as for excercise, it's hard to do but once you do it you will feel great. when you're about to do excercise, don't even think about it, JUST DO IT. someone said eat less calories, no breads, vegetables fruits and meat. you might lose weight doing that, eating a lot of meat but it's still very unhealthy.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:58 PM

it's impossible to eat 5,000 calories of fruits and vegetables in a day
Old 10-31-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does your protein come from. Its much better to start off with a well balanced diet, and STICK to it, rather than going crazy, and eating nothing but fruits/meats/veggies etc. He needs a lifestyle change, along with a diet change.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:00 PM

read Diet for a New America. There were studies done where people who had heart attacks switched to a vegan diet, and then there was a control group and NO one in the vegan diet (with excercise, and a stress management group) got a heart attack again for a long time period, while 50 or 60% some high number did in the control group. Highly recommend the book, can't recommend it enough. When I was on the appalachian trail a couple years ago there were some overweight people out there. i think one had a heartattack but everyone else lost a ton of weight, like 50 pounds in a couple of months. try hiking, you will lose weight.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like Crimson has a new challenge