Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Friend of mine claims to go from $100 to 10k in a month.. possible?

I was just thinking about this thread and logged onto Eurobet to see I have $100 in my account, to the cent. I feel a challenge coming on, although to be fair there's no way I have time to play that many SnGs in 2 weeks.

I need a bit more advice on that 'easily get from 3K to 10K in two weeks bit' though which was glossed over. I'll keep track of numbers played anyhow, and at what level, and post results. If I can get to the 3K in around low level SnGs though I'll be happy enough. Currently playing No. 1 and still 10 left, only 400 or so more to go!
Old 09-21-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Friend of mine claims to go from $100 to 10k in a month.. possible?

[ QUOTE ]
A certain size bankroll gives you a fixed risk of ruin, even if it is divided into smaller bankrolls. For example, the chance of losing a 300 BB bankroll is exactly the same as losing a 50 BB bankroll six times in a row.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true, as the more often you're stacking off, the more you're going to be missing out on +EV opportunities. Same goes for half-buying in at a NLHE table.

Therefore your chance of going broke with the 6*50 rather than 1*300 would be slightly higher.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:34 PM

Default This is why online gambling is bad!

What is a 17 year old doing gambling at these tables? Do you know that you lost a decent years income for a family of 4? Or 4 years of college tuition? Wow get into sports or even dorky D+D and get a perspective on life, before your a GA pledge before your 21st birthday..... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]