Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Heads Up SNGs-Where the real consistent $ is

[ QUOTE ]
accidently registering for Limit Stud HU H/L tournys kinda hurt my win % [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

those are the nuts.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would renounce Satinism and return to the Church

[/ QUOTE ]

Satinism?

[/ QUOTE ]
I worship satin & I'm pretty high on chiffon too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too funny!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:52 AM

i know this thread has been hijacked, and Indy has been [censored] , but what IS a good HU strategy in these matches. See as many flops as possible? Tight early, pushbot later? I've tried these out in the past couple of days and I'm still not sure which way plays best. Any help would be appreciated.

PS. i'm playing PR 11s
1500 starting stacks
10 hands/level
BB = 20,30,50,100, 150, 200, 300, etc
Old 10-28-2005, 06:37 PM

Forget that, thought you meant PS HU structure.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:48 PM

Im 2-4 on the $50s, I have like a $750 br, I use the "do whatever u want with ur money until u have $650 left " system.
I rather waste my money on small buy-in multis..though, so no more HU for me.

Im still learning HUs though Im not used to playing with such deep stacks, I try to be agressive preflop. Im also really agressive with draws and at least one overcard.
I feel Ive been outplayed once, while I outplayed once as well.( i crahsed the guy...he was too passive so I think he doesnt count)
Old 10-28-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every strategy has a counter-strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[pedantic] Actually, that isn't strictly true. Heads-up holdem being a zero-sum game, there exists a set of strategies with which it is impossible to lose over the long term.

If you ever work out the complete strategy, please PM me. [/pedantic]
Old 10-29-2005, 12:10 AM

While I was on my bad run of sngs, I decided to jump to the hu games for a while and see how they went. I didnt play a lot, but here is what happened...

I started off with $1000 in my stars account from rakeback. I played $200 hu games and went 9-6, so I decided to jump to the $500 ones. There, I was 15-9, so wtf...why not try the $1000 games. I ended up going 1705, but at one point I was 15-5. This is when the trouble happened. I got the bright idea to play Jerrry in the $5000 hu games. While he is good, he does overplay his hands, so I figured I could catch him on this. Well, I went 2-3 against time, with 2 of the losses comming from dumb beats where i had something like 76 on a A58 board and runner runnering 66, losing to a 6 with a higher kicker. [censored] like that happened 2 times. I guess "thats poker." I hate that saying. Well, after the massacre at the $5000 games, I think my game has somehow changed and I did much worse in the 1000 games. So, I am back 10 tabling 109 sngs, working up the small amount party would let me deposit using igmpay.

So...what have i learned? Dont play with a small bankroll!!! Losing $5000 when you only have $60000 total sucks.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:18 AM

"Losing $5000 when you only have $60000 total sucks. "

Ah, these sorts of swings happened daily when I was sportsbetting. I wish I was sportsbetting.

"I started off with $1000 in my stars account from rakeback"

You mean you deposited $1k of RB into stars??

"I played 4 $200 hu games and went 9-6"

??? You mean you 4tabled?? Or you played 15 $200 HU??

Your experience doesn't sound bad at all. Sounds like you can either make money up there and just don't have the roll (which would give me confidence), or you just ran hot or played above your level.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:22 AM

As for the $1000, my rakeback guy deposited 1000 of my rakeback into stars. I dont know how the 4 got in front of the $200...I single tabled all of these. The way I was looking at it, if you can win 60% of your games at the $1000 level and play 10 a day, you will quickly be rich, making a nice $2000/day. However, this isnt taking into account the "normal" swings. I just dont know what these swings look like. I really went into it all pretty blind. I am posative the $1000 games are beatable. Actually, I am pretty sure the 5000 games are beatable too...just be prepared for some sick swings. I am also pretty sure I was running pretty hot when i was doing well in the 1000 games. I only lost to a 2 outer one time, but when it all started falling apart, I lost to a ton of 3 and 2 outers. I guess it is bound to happen eventually.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:30 AM

"I just dont know what these swings look like"

Much smaller than sngs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"The way I was looking at it, if you can win 60% of your games at the $1000 level and play 10 a day you will quickly be rich"

I'd think 60% is a huge number at these stakes. These guys are probally mainly good players, with the regular wealthy fishies.