Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: results

come again? my read was bad? my read was he would make a big call with QQ/KK and would call with AK/AQ as well.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
come again? my read was bad? my read was he would make a big call with QQ/KK and would call with AK/AQ as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: I had "his read," as if to correct myself, but no, I mean your read.

Not of the play, but of villain. Meaning, villain is not a good player, because he put you on the ONLY hand he could beat.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:07 PM

i thought about posting this hand from his perspective to see what kind of responses i would receive.

If you are him, do you call with AK/AQ here?
Old 07-18-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought about posting this hand from his perspective to see what kind of responses i would receive.

[/ QUOTE ]depends on what i thought you were capable of... against 99% of 5/5 players hellhell no. BTW/ i think you both played the turn really awful. pretty obvious that he just didnt want to fold KK cause it was a really good starting hand.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're making a round about argument (in a good way) that KK is = AK/AQ, because you EITHER have a ten (or... quads... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) or a big draw. Or bluff (??? I suppose)

so you wouldn't have a weaker ace in this spot. So to that, I say touche.

I also just call the flop in his shoes, then if you bet big on turn i move in or fold, if you check i bet and fold to a raise, if you check and i bet and you call i call a blank.

I dont like his flop play, but because of it, I would be forced in a real tough spot vs a tricky / over aggro player who could easily have a weak draw, strong draw, or has me nutted. SO yeah, given a raise of flop + possible tilt, I'd call in that spot. I'd imagine you're semibluffing with 15 to 35% equity as often as 50%, which compensates for the other 50% when i have ~5% equity. needing about 30% to call.

vs sane players, though, given a flop raise, you fold to the push, because thye wont be pushing a draw there that hand, would make alot more sense for tyhem to make that move on the flop.

*speakign of that, I would've expected QJs/KJs/KQs to 3bet me if i raised the flop, which is one reason why i wont give them the chance. but thats another matter.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:20 PM

this is a player who solidly beats 10/25 and whose opinions and advice i respect as much as el diablo, matt flynn, fsu's, etc.

so you call with only Aces full in his spot as well? nice. not to sound like an ass but this thread is kind of highlighting why i manage to roll over the "solid 2+2'r" types i encounter.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:24 PM

fitos, that is a lot of what i was looking for.

a lot of times i wouldn't go ahead and 3-bet that turn on a semi-bluff draw, as leading the turn has just as much folding equity against many players (i.e. everyone in this thread)
Old 07-18-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you call with only Aces full in his spot as well? nice. not to sound like an ass but this thread is kind of highlighting why i manage to roll over the "solid 2+2'r" types i encounter.

[/ QUOTE ]i promise you i play nothing like "solid 2+2" in most games.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fitos, that is a lot of what i was looking for.

a lot of times i wouldn't go ahead and 3-bet that turn on a semi-bluff draw, as leading the turn has just as much folding equity against many players (i.e. everyone in this thread)

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, interesting. i dont like semibluffing turns oop though with stacks behind because if villain raises this it's a fold (Or ev-neutral type call) whereas for the amount you bet you could've check/called and filled up.

i guess with your image though fold equity goes down on the flop, so maybe best of all is c/r turn all in.

about everyone saying they would fold AK in this spot, vs an overaggro player with that little amount bet relative to pot all in, surely you have to gear down and call. (esp if you have a 2+2 weak tight image...)

best thing though is to not get in that spot =)
Old 07-18-2005, 11:33 PM

it seems to me that you two must have some friendly rivalry where you try to outplay each other alot... ive a couple of those, and against id play the hand the same or maybe push the flop...
most of the time, the way you played your hand screams "i have a ten!"...
tell me when the last time you played a hand like this, with this board, that couldnt beat AQ... right.