Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: someone read my hand

a set, 66 or A2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2005, 01:40 AM

Default what i had and rest of hand

lmd folded, flop got capped up, turn 7 checked to button who calls, i call, otehr guy calls. river 3 i bet, next guy raises, preflop capper folds, i just call with my 66. it's good the other guy has A2o for bottom straight and i complain to lmd for about a half hour about how bad i play for not 3 betting the river at which point he tells me to f*ck myself and he leaves.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: 15-30 flop decision

This is a good post and it got me thinking, especially after reading Rick's comments.

I think QQ is too good a hand to pass up here on the flop given there is a good chance that both Mike L and the button could have overcards and draws. Unfortunatley for Davis he's really not going to know where he stands with his hand till the turn comes around since both players he is up against are going to pump that flop for either a big draw value or in the button's case to hopefully even buy a free card with his position.

If Davis is indeed ahead on the flop here, he probably won't be ahead by much because any A, K, diamond, straight card, pairing of the top card can potentially put Davis in a bind with queens.

Having played the way you did Davis, I would probably just call the flop raise and lead out on the turn if any non scare card comes.

However, if you are determined to play your queens aggressively, then bet no matter what card falls on the turn. You have to put the other two players to the test and checking is going to be brutal if Mike L and the button also check.

You have a good pot here with a good chance to win. While I think Rick has some merit stating that perhaps folding in a spot like this against these particular two players, I can't see how it's that big of a mistake to carry on and play your queens more aggressively once a good turn card falls in your favor.

Lawrence
Old 08-09-2005, 10:27 AM

I think Mike I. had 66. He knows that by 3-betting pre-flop Michael is likely looking for the c/r. By leading out, he increases the odds of getting calls from the limpers between CO and Michael rather than checking it through and allowing CO to bet and Michael to raise.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:25 PM

Isn't Mike's play most consistent with a hand like A6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or A3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?