Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Open up your blind stealing hands to hands like K9s, or even Q9o
No 0 0%
Depends on table tightness 8 19.05%
Yes 34 80.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Dating smarter / not as smart girls...your thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
I must go now; she has just asked me - in perfect classic Latin - to, ahem, "service" her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, "uckfay emay"?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:39 AM

I think there is a big distinction between dumb and not as smart as you. Its like SAT levels for chosing a school. You want to be somewhere in the school's range, but its not all that matters. I believe that mutual respect is very important, and I can't imagine myself having much respect for someone apathetic or dumb.

I have always been attracted to the smartest/wittiest girls I knew, but when I actually fell in love, it was with a girl who is not as smart as me, but still intelligent, kind/caring, beautiful, interested, and hard-working. These are all factors that can lead to a fufilling relationship.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:52 AM

I only dated one woman who was MUCH smarter than me. I hae to admit, I liked it for the most part. There were some other things that just couldn't be worked out.

ALso, I would have liked an option for "as smart or smarter."

I would never date someone who was less than just marginally below my intelligence level.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:20 PM

I've dated some real morons in the past, and it gets old after a while when you can't have an intelligent discussion about anything interesting. I ended up with a girl that's much smarter than me in many ways. In terms of straight IQ I'm pretty sure she'd run circles around me, but I have the edge in terms of a few more years of life experience to equalize things.

Swede
Old 12-05-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've dated some real morons in the past, and it gets old after a while when you can't have an intelligent discussion about anything interesting. I ended up with a girl that's much smarter than me in many ways. In terms of straight IQ I'm pretty sure she'd run circles around me, but I have the edge in terms of a few more years of life experience to equalize things.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.

I'm in the exact same boat. We are the same age, but I've had a lot more life experiences than my wife. I couldn't handle marrying someone dumb.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the exact same boat. We are the same age, but I've had a lot more life experiences than my wife. I couldn't handle marrying someone dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if she was dumb enough, you could date as many smart girls on the side as you wanted for intellectual stimulation, and your dumb wife would never catch on.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:31 PM

I believe it was Eddie Murphy who summed it up the best:

"HALF, Eddie. I want HALF"
Old 12-05-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if she was dumb enough, you could date as many smart girls on the side as you wanted for intellectual stimulation, and your dumb wife would never catch on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brillaint [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 07:00 PM

I don't know how to say this w/o sounding like a total arrogant prick, but I'm pretty damn smart according to standardized tests and just basic cleverness and general knowledge. For anything more than a friend with benefits, I naturally want someone in the same intellectual ballbark as me. The problem is that many of these girls are unatractive and of those that are, 90% are argumentative bitches or are extremely complicated. By complicated, I mean really f*cked-up, and they are often very good at hiding this. You'll probably discover this much later into the relationship than you would like. Of the remaining 10%, probably 80% have serious boyfriends who have no intention of ever letting them get back on the market.
I'm not being cynical, this is honest assessment of the top maybe 5% of girls intelligence-wise.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:06 PM

To quote the Notorious B.I.G...."[censored] I like em brainless, guns I like em stainless steel, I want the [censored] fortune like the wheel"

Not sure what guns or money has to do with this thread, but the first line sums up my view