Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Party Coming Out Against Poker Tracker?

I'm not worried either. The only thing that concerns me is when Pat will get the SQL database version released.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you elaborate on this "tragedy of the commons"?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are like these sheep grazing in a field and...hey didnt you take any freshman sociology?
Old 04-15-2005, 02:24 PM

The day that Party's techs can outsmart me is the last day I will ever touch a computer. I'm not worried.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:26 PM

No winning player should be threatened by this. I was winning before the sites even offered a players notes feature. To keep my edge, I had to update my techniques as analytic software proliferated. I can dumb down just as easily and retain my edge.

Heck, I could hire a college kid at $10 per hour to sit beside me with a laptop and datamine manually during my hands, keeping the records on a spreadsheet. I would still clear $90 per hour net. Throw whatever you want at me. I will still always win.

Joe
Old 04-15-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol yea. I hope if they ban it and people try to get around it, they confiscate every cent in their account when they catch them through other means. Right now, it's not against the rules...but if it's banned and people continue to use it, I don't want to hear ANY crying when accounts are frozen (though I'm sure we'd see a few threads a day about it).

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you out of your mind? If they froze the accounts of everying using poker tracker that would be like... I dunno...

$10,000,000 ? Maybe more ?

I don't think that would ever happen.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:31 PM

Ya, I'm not really worried at all. The people who use PT are high volume players and those are the people Party wants to keep. Party makes money off the good players, good players make money off the fish, so party has no reason not to keep the high volume players with the advantage unless it gets to the point that people are scared off...which there are no signs of yet.

The fact is simple, people either know about PT, PO, PV, GT, etc or they don't. If they don't, then none of this bothers them. If they do know then they either use it or they don't. If they don't then they are idiots as they either think they don't need it (too good for it) or they don't think it helps enough to make it worth the money - neither of which stops them from playing.

There are only select few people who know about the programs, know their value and still would rather not have them. People like grouchi are in the minority for sure. So unless there starts to be a large outcry on 2+2 about not using PT, don't worry and follow Pat's advance and stop scaremongering!
Old 04-15-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Coming Out Against Poker Tracker?

It looks like a guy was concerned whether Party was worried about the use of Poker Tracker and this was their response:

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop your scaremongering. Pat's response in that thread on the PT forums:

[ QUOTE ]
The support people at Party are clueless, they just know how to spout the line from the hand book dealing with outside programs. They don't know the difference between Poker Tracker and any another program. The main reason they put the hand histories on the hard drive was because of all the PT users clogging up their mail servers with hand history requests. I worked directly with their developers to get the format to a point that it would work with PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too worried.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the very first thing I thought when I read the original post was that some clueless PP support person took their standard form letter dealing with banned software and stuck PT into it in response to the query, without even bothering to look up whether PT was actually banned or not.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:42 PM

The original poster failed to mention the response received by Party Poker when he inquired some more:

[ QUOTE ]
Though Poker Tracker is not an Artificial Intelligence product, our gaming and technical consultants are coming up with a combative strategy to counter the use of such products on our site and we will be sharing this information with all our players when it comes in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT does not and will not in the future tell you how to play, when to bet, fold, real-time pot odds, etc. These are the types of programs they will crack down on first, if they crack down at all. I was contacted by a lead Party developer when they were in the process of storing the hands on the hard drive. We worked together getting the format to a state that could be used by PT. They know about PT, and I don't think they would have gone through all the steps they did in storing the hand histories locally if they had a problem with it.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, I'm not really worried at all. The people who use PT are high volume players and those are the people Party wants to keep. Party makes money off the good players, good players make money off the fish, so party has no reason not to keep the high volume players with the advantage unless it gets to the point that people are scared off...which there are no signs of yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

all party has to do to keep the high volume players is keep the fish. If party cancelled rakeback and banned PT PV GT the majority of high volume players would still play at party.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:05 PM

Unless they physically show up at my house they would not have any idea that I was running software. None. There would be no possible way for it to be seen with their software, no traces for them to find. None.

The people that resign themselves to the change of Party, et al., not allowing any other software to be run will get run over themselves - not quite as bad as the 'fish' but they surely won't be doing as well as they did before.