Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2004, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Ethics of playing with your girlfriend

I have no problem playing with people who are related or know each other. BUt I expect them to try to take each other's stacks just as hard as they come after mine. Any play made that is different just because they're a friend is collusion, whether it be soft play or re-raising with the intention of folding because you KNOW they have a strong hand. Thatis cheating and I'll have no part of that.

IF you insist on playing like that, I'd suggest you play at seperate tables before someone takes real offense at your actions.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:42 AM

I vote for #4 - if you can't play as individuals you have no right playing at the same table. However, I don't see a problem with simply staying out of each others way.
My hubby and I play the same B&M tournament twice per week. There are about 200 people in it and we both make at least the top 25%, sometimes both higher, which lands us at the same table. We just play it as individuals. No one has ever complained.
We have not yet made the finals table on the same night.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait...I think either I'm confused (definately a possibility) or you're making a big mistake. 3 betting Axs after an UTG raise and a couple cold callers?

Maybe somebody can enlighten me, but that just seems like bad poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, yes it would be bad... BUT he's assuming his wife has something REALLY good, since she's a tighty and understands position.. So he's jacking up the pot for her..