Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2003, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Favorite Hands

99. Responsible for my biggest wins and biggest losses, but definitely my fave.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:18 PM

For me its 76 suited. I won a couple of giant pots with it (Diamonds both times) and now I'll play it from almost anywhere.

That's interesting. Mine is 57 of diamonds. Here's how it came about for me. Picked it up one session, UTG raised, I folded. Flop 7-7-x turn x, river 5 woulda won a big one against kings up. Very next hand, pick up 57 of diamonds again. Folded again, flop 3-4-6. Would have won another big one. Pick it up a 3rd time later in the session, figured it was a sign from God, played it FOR A RAISE, made two pair against AK on an A-7-x flop. Turn 5. Actually won the big one that time. Ever since then, I started playing 57 (only diamonds) every time I picked it up. I used to raise with it as a way of randomly varying my play, but then I realized that I didn't want people out when I had that hand. I also hated getting extra money in with what was always the worst hand. So now I just call. Unprofitable hands cost you money in the long run, but nobody ever expects you to show up with it, especially UTG, so I guess you gain some deception value.

BTW, isolation raise after limping UTG with 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] = [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2003, 11:07 PM

As usual you have it backwards!
Old 03-03-2003, 12:54 AM

I like the black aces better because spades make more flushes than hearts, don't they? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You missed out on a great 10/20 game tonight.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:28 AM

So I am in one of those long dead stretches of cards, and I decide that I am going to play the next hand that isn't completely unplayable as if it were AA.

A couple of laps later, I get 75 of diamonds. One limper in front of me, and I raise. Of course, the cutoff, the button, both blinds, and the limper all call. The flop comes A93 rainbow, so I decide to bet to continue the charade. Two callers, who didn't look very happy. Turn, a 7. I think hey, my hand actually improved! I bet again, with one caller. River, another 7. I bet, and get called once more.

So I have a soft spot for 75 of diamonds also.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:05 AM

Mine is KTs. One of my friends actually started calling this the JoeyT b/c I would always take down big pots with it. About 2 weeks after we started calling it that, I took down a huge pot at the final table of a NL tourney when the turn gave me the king high straight flush, holding KTh. I became the chipleader and went on to get my first ever multitable tourney victory.

That just made it better.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:37 AM

i love the way 97 suited looks and i always play it for one bet ~ rick
Old 03-03-2003, 02:58 PM

By Far its Pocket 10's!!!!

It's won me a lot of money! And it's always an instrumental hand in my tournament success...