Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: $11\'s Good Push or Not (6 Hands)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. What are you hoping to accomplish by playing this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I liked the flop, just not all of the post flop action. I pushed hoping to take it down

[ QUOTE ]
2. What is a good flop for you if you do play it?

[/ QUOTE ] I consider this a good flop... TP w/ overcard kicker. Obviously a better flop would contain 2 cards that give me either a flush/str8 draw, or KQ or 2 K's or 2 Q's

[ QUOTE ]
3. What happens if you pair your hand, say the flop is 10h, Qh, 3d? What is your play?

[/ QUOTE ] I need to bet at least 1/2 pot to give poor odds for drawing hands. I probably need to reserve my pushes for when I have decent hands AND less than 10xbb, the bubble and ITM.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Straight possibilities. How often will you have the nut straight, without an A when you play two suited connected face cards.

[/ QUOTE ] Not sure how to answer this... depends on my hole cards and the board???

[/ QUOTE ]

Your answers are fine, I was prompting you in planning out your hand before acting not really working you for a response. LoL the last question was more vague but still trying to get you to think through where the hand might go BEFORE you decide to play it.

Good luck in the future.