Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL***Spoilers of Half-Blood Prince Thread

Two pages after that is the family painting.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:44 PM

when Harry goes back to Dumbledore's office with McGonagall after he dies a portrait of Dumbledore is hanging over the desk (626)

I definitely agree that Dumbledore will remain a big character in book 7 speaking to Harry from a portrait is a good possibility.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:29 PM

Why does Harry not wonder why AD froze him during such a key moment?
Old 07-17-2005, 05:54 PM

Cmon guys, I mean obviously AD did it so that Harry wouldn't interfere with SS killing him and thus cementing his position in Voldemort's inner circle where I am sure he will be able to perform a critical role in helping Harry in the next book.

But why doesn't Harry question this more? He still blindly hates SS. Why doesn't he question why AD froze him?

Also, did anyone notice how Harry had seemingly come of age in this book. He was just so much cooler and in control of every situation. Always ready with a witty remark whereas the last few books he was awkward or flat-out annoying. I thought that was well done.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:36 PM

See that's what I think is tricky about this whole Dumbledore/Snape relationship...it's such a gray area. I agree that Dumbledore didn't want Harry to interfere, but I wonder why DD believed Snape would be more helpful to Harry in the future than himself. Also, DD represents so much to the community and to the school and I can't understand why he would sacrifice himself.

I'm kind of embarrased to be so naive, but I kept expecting DD to have faked his death with Snape. I was really surprised when he proved to be dead...
Old 07-17-2005, 07:39 PM

When Fawkes was cryin' & commotin' after DD's death, how come HP didn't think about his tears maybe being able to heal Bill's WW scars? Prolly couldn't've called him down to the infirmary anyway, but still.

BTW I think HBP is clearly the best technically written of the series so far, even tho I still prefer the plots of 4, then 3. But JKR obvo focused on tightening up things.

Random thoughts: I agree that Reg Black is the number one seed for RAB, and its silly that Hermy wouldn't think of this. Note how there's still a sliver of a chance that Snape is still following DD's orders(DD trying to save Draco's soul, machine demands a sacrifice, etc, etc) but its in the .00001 range, and JKR has always said not to like Snape just cuz of Alan Rickman being all goth.

Again, very good book. Some of the best if not the best "origin of super villain" scenes of any genre. Hopefully, Neville & Luna play sig roles in 7.

And, hey! At least Sirius came back and HP & HG finally hooked up! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (Inside joke for Katie Couric & alt.hp fans [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])
Old 07-17-2005, 07:47 PM

I think ya'll been into the butterbeer & hobbit weed if ya'll're seriously thinking DD has anything to do w/Voldy... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of embarrased to be so naive, but I kept expecting DD to have faked his death with Snape. I was really surprised when he proved to be dead...

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel for that, too. Thought DD mighta cast a dummy of hisself.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, did anyone notice how Harry had seemingly come of age in this book. He was just so much cooler and in control of every situation. Always ready with a witty remark whereas the last few books he was awkward or flat-out annoying. I thought that was well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely.

Also, HP has always blindly hated Snape, even though he's been told repeatedly by DD, Lupin, etc not to. I imagine it will cost him dearly in 7; actually already did in 3, in a way(Worm's escape).

BTW, Tonks & Lupin kinda came out of left field, didn't it. Don't buy it. Why wasn't she all mopey-merope in 5? I was always hoping for a Mrs. Robinson scene w/her & HP.... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Any thoughts on who survives?

Since we are coming to Book 7, what is to be the last of them...any thoughts on who will survive and who will not? I think the ceiling is pretty much off on this one, though I don't think JKR is going to kill everyone off...that wouldn't make much sense for the mood of the way things are going(as dark as they are...she's no Poe or Kubrick).

I think the 7th has potential to shake everything and everyone up. Harry dying is certainly out there, but Hermione and Ron, too. I don't think Ginny will be out of the question, either...and certainly Snape and the other professors, Aurors, and other adults are at risk. It's hard to say, but hey...that's why we can debate it here.

Personally...I think Harry's going to have to die. It seems the most logical place to go. I think Hermione and Ron will live, as will Ginny. I don't think Snape will live, and certainly not Voldemort. I think Hagrid might be on the list to die, as well...but I'm not sure. And, I think Tonks and Lupin survive.

I make no claim for accuracy, or anything other than gut feelings. Who else has ideas?