Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: did I SPEW?

[ QUOTE ]
Finally as is so often the case in these posts you have now provided a perfect justification (in your eyes) to your play on every street, even prefaced with a sceptical mmm to someone (me) who disagreed with one single action in the entire hand (the cap preflop).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I played this particular hand bad at all, the capp preflop might've been a bit off but take into the fact my read that the villain notices I'm iso-raising the fish frequently which widens his 3betting range a bit so I figured I can push out a marginally strong hand like AQ or a medium pair on the flop or turn.

Against a thinking player don't you think a 3bet preflop and a capp preflop will give a player different reads on what range of hands I could have?

[ QUOTE ]
You are obviously sure that your play was correct in every detail so why bother post nevermind coyly pose the question "Did I spew chips?"?

We all revel in your ingenious play of the hand and no, your bum does not look big in that (was that what you were hoping for?).

Vitriol aside, , at least you tried to make the post more interesting by posing it from a different point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I posted this hand was to see if my bluff was in line with exactly how I would've played a big hand and given BB's read of what type of player I am. It was not for the purposes of inflating my ego [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

This is not a play I use often in my game but sometimes I take a very strong line with hands like JTs or 89s. Given the right circumstances a particular 3bet may seem overaggro and not a very strong made hand.

Results vary and I always wondered if plays like this are spewing or they have some merit to it since I have some fold equity and many outs not to mention the meta-game aspect.

but your right this is not a play that will work often, but really it only needs to work 15-20% of the time to be profitable, and I could see a hand like AQ or AJ not putting in two bets on the river so villain might've given me an opportunity to make a better hand fold as well.

but I still think the capp preflop sets my range of hands into a different category for BB who is a thinking player which could give this hand 5-10% more fold equity which is allll that I need.

Your opinion on the preflop play is very valid too though but keep in mind against a hand like AK/AQ + random hand, I have pretty good pot equity in a 3 handed pot before the flop.