Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: CALL OR FOLD?!?!?!?!?
CALL!!!! 19 57.58%
FOLD!!! 14 42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Sig Sauer P226 9mm

[ QUOTE ]
Dear [censored],

I'm sorry my thread is not going well. Please do not ban me.

Humbly,
Subfallen

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about [censored] , he's going Thoreau on us and in comparison moderating this cesspool probably won't seem very significant.

Swede
Old 10-31-2005, 01:03 PM

The sig is a very good gun. I suggest you go to a gun club and try a bunch out. Guns are like shoes. You need to know which one fits you best.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sig is a very good gun. I suggest you go to a gun club and try a bunch out. Guns are like shoes. You need to know which one fits you best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, will do. Mostly I just want to develop into a good marksman, and from my preliminary research the P226 sounds like a very accurate gun to learn on.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:22 PM

If you want to primarily use this gun for target practice you should also consider getting a .22. These guns are incredibly cheap to shoot and excellent for developing your skills without any recoil. Also, most quality guns come with conversion kits that lets you put a .22 barrel onto your 9mm. This combines the best of the two worlds really, and it's something you should think about.

Swede
Old 10-31-2005, 01:25 PM

Anyone know what a Ruger SP101 goes for these days? Anyone own one? I considered one awhile back but never followed up.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to primarily use this gun for target practice you should also consider getting a .22. These guns are incredibly cheap to shoot and excellent for developing your skills without any recoil. Also, most quality guns come with conversion kits that lets you put a .22 barrel onto your 9mm. This combines the best of the two worlds really, and it's something you should think about.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, thx Swede.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:22 PM

Apparently if you live in Florida, you can now blow anyone away for fun if they enter your house! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently if you live in Florida, you can now blow anyone away for fun if they enter your house! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would someone enter my house unless they were invited or doing something they deserve to get shot for?

edit: nevermind. this belongs in politics.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, will do. Mostly I just want to develop into a good marksman, and from my preliminary research the P226 sounds like a very accurate gun to learn on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you mean by expert marksman. What i don't like about the sig is the DA/SA action with the decocker. It has a few advantages for carry. However, you will need some training right off and you will need to put a lot of rounds through it to get a technique down for safety. Once you do that then you are looking at learning the DA/SA trigger for accuracy, which is a skill in itself. Not the one I would pick, but I look at pistols differently. I don't view them as something for precision marksmanship. The sig is a pistol for combat. Combat involves learning how to put rounds on target well enough and quickly enough with the goings on of a violent confrontation. Standing there punching paper is't what I look at in a pistol. The sig isn't a target gun, so I am not sure what you want. And for a first pistol I would pick a different trigger system. That's just me tho. YMMV. Get training in any event and practice with what you decide on. Did people say get training? Don't put any holes where they don't belong.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure what you mean by expert marksman. What i don't like about the sig is the DA/SA action with the decocker. It has a few advantages for carry. However, you will need some training right off and you will need to put a lot of rounds through it to get a technique down for safety. Once you do that then you are looking at learning the DA/SA trigger for accuracy, which is a skill in itself. Not the one I would pick, but I look at pistols differently. I don't view them as something for precision marksmanship. The sig is a pistol for combat. Combat involves learning how to put rounds on target well enough and quickly enough with the goings on of a violent confrontation. Standing there punching paper is't what I look at in a pistol. The sig isn't a target gun, so I am not sure what you want. And for a first pistol I would pick a different trigger system. That's just me tho. YMMV. Get training in any event and practice with what you decide on. Did people say get training? Don't put any holes where they don't belong.

[/ QUOTE ]

By "expert marksman", yeah, I meant "expert combat marksman"...so thus leaning towards a combat-tailored weapon.