Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Welcome Lurkers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I [censored] hate lurkers

[/ QUOTE ]

am I the only one who thought this was a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

any poster with a brain knew this
it's like responding to someone's 1st post with stfu
Old 10-23-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I [censored] hate lurkers

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this intended to inspire them to start posting or to chase them away?

[/ QUOTE ]

obvioulsy you don't get the joke

as far as me, I started playing 6 max in the past two weeks cause dids berated me on playing full for a while, and am starting to post here cause evan told me to do so. Do I givve into peer pressure, yes I do [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I also post a lot in SS
Old 10-23-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good effort but until hands actually start getting discussed on a regular basis instead of everybody posting their redundant opinion and leaving, it won't really have much effect. There's a tendency to ignore anyone's posts outside of a core group of posters...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it seems like unless you are part of the core group, your posts don't get many replies. I'm not begrudging the core group their replies - they've earned it with their many replies to other posts. I would like to see some other decent posts get some attention though.

*cough* forum split might help *cough*
Old 10-23-2005, 03:13 PM

I have been lurking in here for a few weeks.

I have been digging through the old posts and trying my best to learn 6-max from the information that is provided.

I even posted one day when I got frustrated over the lack of a sticky with good information or FAQs. But here I am still digging. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been lurking in here for a few weeks.

I have been digging through the old posts and trying my best to learn 6-max from the information that is provided.

I even posted one day when I got frustrated over the lack of a sticky with good information or FAQs. But here I am still digging. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The lack of many stickies or organized guides makes it tough when you are learning but you will come to be happy about this gap in poker literature. It acts as a strong barrier to hordes of tight small stakes players who would otherwise infect our games. It also means that anyone who wants to become an ingrained part of the forum needs to suffer through this learning period. It's kind of a trial by fire that tends to keep the general level of posting here at a pretty high level (not that we don't have our problems).
Old 10-23-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

An opinion or question, an open mind, and a thick skin are all you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check..check and..check.

I've been lurking here for a couple months. I've been up about 1BB/100 through about 13k 1/2 full hands and have played about 5k 1/2 short so far. Lots to learn yet and looking forward to it.

Brian
Old 10-23-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The lack of many stickies or organized guides makes it tough when you are learning but you will come to be happy about this gap in poker literature. It acts as a strong barrier to hordes of tight small stakes players who would otherwise infect our games.

[/ QUOTE ]

This interests me...I make more off excessively tight players than any other single player-type...why don't I want more of them in my games?
Old 10-23-2005, 03:40 PM

You do? I make the most from loose passives. Tight players just get in the way.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The lack of many stickies or organized guides makes it tough when you are learning but you will come to be happy about this gap in poker literature. It acts as a strong barrier to hordes of tight small stakes players who would otherwise infect our games. It also means that anyone who wants to become an ingrained part of the forum needs to suffer through this learning period. It's kind of a trial by fire that tends to keep the general level of posting here at a pretty high level (not that we don't have our problems).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I am in favor of having no FAQs/guides other than those that tell you what is kosher to post. I am even opposed to glossaries.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:44 PM

Hi. Longtime SS lurker, been lurking here only a couple weeks as I’ve decided after 50,000 hands of full ring to add some SSH to my mix. I mainly play 2/4 full and 1/2 short at Party. You guys have done a great job of building forum communities here, I’ve just felt a bit late to the dance and have been happy to read and learn from you all.

Also, I’m not much of a fan of S&M to be truthful, at least not some of their hold’em specific stuff, TOP is my favorite poker book, and I’ve never read SSHE. Somehow, I’ve still managed win at a good clip, but I’m not really sure I want to get into arguments over stuff like how implied odds really work for mid-pairs and crap like that.

I’ll try to respond to some threads though. Thanks for the invite in this thread and either way, you guys have built a pretty incredible spot here. The SH references are excellent. I hope few people ever find their way over here.