Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Hand 4

why are you seeing sd unimproved? Your beat here if he caps the turn and bets the river. 10-20 might be different, this is 5-10, you know better than that.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:10 PM

What are your notes on these players? Against some BB's I call and fold the river unimproved. Against others I 3bet-lead. Unless the "some" are really stuck, or the "others" are on a rush and playing great, then exchange the answers. Or, with more typical notes, I do something in between. I guess my point is that this play is 90% read dependant.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you seeing sd unimproved? Your beat here if he caps the turn and bets the river. 10-20 might be different, this is 5-10, you know better than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am three betting here it is because I know the BB is capable of capping with a worse hand. (Also, I once folded top two in a really big pot that had tons of action when the fourth card to a straight that I already thought was out there came on the river and there was a bet and a call in front of me. I no longer distinguish between 95% sure I am beat and up, if the pot is ~20 bb I am loath to fold a hand with showdown value.)

In this case, I could see someone capping with a huge draw and firing on the river if it missed, though again that would be an aggressive player and I would have to know that.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:24 PM

"If I am three betting here it is because I know the BB is capable of capping with a worse hand"

This seems backwards to me. Unless he is a lag and his cappping hands are going to be worse than Ak here >50% of the time i call down agains that player. You are giving him 3 bets whenever you are behind, but only getting those bets back <20% of the time (when he caps with a worse hand+times your redraw comes through-times he sucks out on you) against an average player. Give me a specific read and it might change my mind- or perhaps if this is one of the first hands i have played against him/i don't get to see many of his hands showndown i would just call down. Otherwise i stick to my "Plays parth 5-10 sh" read, and assume he is making a mistake.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:54 PM

Unfortunately, only 2 weeks into the sh play I don't have numbers on very many players yet. I'm getting there but for a few more weeks I'm kind of shooting in the dark.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Results

Unfortunately I don't have PT stats on very many players yet. There was nothing remarkable about the BB that I could remember. THese are the situations where I seem to make the wrong decision again and again. My natural tendency is to slow down and that's what I did here. I just called. THe river was a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I check called, the limper folded to the BB's bet, and I was good, he had A2o.

So I feel I gave up 2 bb's because I think the button was calling on his draw and the BB may or may not have folded.

I think the advice to 3 bet is probably the best course of action here, but I would have had trouble folding the river, so maybe I'm safer just calling.