Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Re: 430, entire hh

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 2
Seat 4: Seat 4 ( $6790 )
Seat 9: hero ( $3210 )
Level:9
Blinds(250/500)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ T 6 ]
Seat 4 folds.
hero shows [ T, 6 ] high card ten.
hero wins 750 chips from the main pot with high card ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, ok i may be sweating the small stuff here, but ive often wondered why people show these hands... was there a reason for you showing?

ok, maybe its just a retarded question...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just a friendly thing to do. I don't do it at lower stakes because people tend to think it means "hah, look at the crap you folded to." But where people are more mature, it's friendly to show cards that you never got the chance to play just to make the game feel a little less competetive.

From a strategy standpoint, looking like a nice guy gets you respect on the bubble, IMHO.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im curious about this one:

Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 3: Seat 3 ( $896 )
Seat 4: Seat 4 ( $3284 )
Seat 6: Seat 6( $1655 )
Seat 8: Seat 8 ( $485 )
Seat 9: hero ( $2055 )
Seat 10: Seat 10 ( $1625 )
Level:6
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ Kc Qc ]
Seat 6folds.
Seat 8 folds.
hero folds.
Seat 10 folds.
Seat 3 folds.
Seat 4 does not show cards.
Seat 4 wins 300 chips

Why not play this here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also curious. Does it have to do with the fact that the blinds were the big and short stacks?
Old 09-17-2005, 05:37 AM

hey citanul

thanks for the post

fuji
Old 09-17-2005, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 2
Seat 4: Seat 4 ( $6290 )
Seat 9: hero ( $3710 )
Level:8
Blinds(200/400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ 8 K ]
hero calls [200].
Seat 4 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5, K, 8 ]
Seat 4 bets [400].
hero raises [900].
Seat 4 calls [500].
** Dealing Turn ** [ A ]
Seat 4 checks.
hero is all-In [2410]
Seat 4 folds.
hero does not show cards.
hero wins 5010 chips

How standard would you say this hand is (preflop, that is?). Do you often just complete here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think its a bad had to see a flop with, and hes not in "despiration mode" quite yet.

Anyway I have a question here...
Would it be wrong to check the turn, acting like your "afraid" of the ace that came out and hopeing he would bet out with his king x on the river, regardless of the club draw?
Old 09-17-2005, 06:40 AM

I sometimes open limp KQs in a situation like this with barely over 10 bb's, usually with plans to min bet most flops. Otherwise I don't mind pushing too much. I don't think you can commit any amount of chips in between because stack sizes are pretty awkward at this point (as someone else stated).
Old 09-17-2005, 06:48 AM

i think your heads up play is far too weak, you folded the blind to villian over half the time, thats no good, you need to be playing more hands here in my oppinion, dont be afraid villian will call you every time, you gave away a lot of chips here

i dont know how correct it is or how many people will agree with me, but when heads up, i generally dont just look for a hand to push, i usually just double the blind when i play, and play most hands, i like to play a little poker, villians will fold to this often enough, if they start pushing whenever i do it, i have to adjust and start pushing too, or start doubling with hands i will call with
Old 09-17-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow... I learned a lot from you making obvious plays, winning flips, and sucking out on the end. Folding in +EV spots (especially... gasp... the non push/fold ones) was a nice lesson too. Thank you for this great display of high stakes SNG play, I am truly impressed that you have the ability to beat a mini step 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna respond to a lot of things in this thread I'm sure, but the first thing I wanted to do was to respond to this one:

a) no one forced you to read it, [censored].

b) i didn't pick this sng for any reason at all. especially not for "thinking someone should learn something from it"

c) i didn't pick this one because i apparently got 2nd, as i just picked a random ministep5 from the last 2 weeks and posted it. i made sure it wasn't one that was short, because well, there's nothing interesting about losing kk to aj or whatever, and we all know that.

d) to go along with the "i didn't pick it so that other people would learn something from it" you should probably consider that when i post something like this, i do it so that *I* can learn something. this one here is the most important, so i hope you got this far before your ocd carried you away. that's right, *i* post so that *i* learn sometimes. i'm not always here to give free lessons, sometimes i try to get something out of it too.

jackass.

citanul
Old 09-17-2005, 10:40 AM

bjb,

i've been mixing in some showing of cards in the last 3 weeks or so. i find that as another poster said, particularly late in the game and on the bubble, there are some decent effects. i'll show some bad hands they fold to, i'll show some good hands they fold to, i'll never show a bluff ever. anyway, yeah, i'm just working on mixing in a bit of showing hands lately, so i can't give a full report yet on what i think the results are at various points yet.

citanul
Old 09-17-2005, 10:42 AM

Citanul, two observations:

1) The KQs hand where you had like 10 BBs. Tough spot, I probably would have just open pushed and held my breath. But I totally understand the fold.

2) The hand that surprised me the most was heads up with K8s. With 600 in the blinds, I would have open pushed this. Those blinds were hardly trivial, it would be a shame to just call, miss the flop, and lose out on the 800 that would have been in there at the time.

Do you think that calling was correct, and if so, why?
Old 09-17-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going through pretty fast, but Seat 4 seemed to like to splash things around a bit. I wanna pop him PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i thought very strongly about repopping him in that spot as well. i think i literally flipped a coin to decide if i would there.

what was interesting was that his earliest play, he was showing down a fair number of huge hands, then he continued splashing around quite a bit and showed down many fewer hands, so it was a bit tricky to figure out where he was. looking back at the moment, i think there's a good chance i was ahead here, and i probably should have flipped the coin best 2 out of 3 or something.

citanul