Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: My brother the Solider

[ QUOTE ]
And here I thought Afghanistan was our response to the 9-11 attacks. Silly me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that our involvement in Iraq right now isn't because of 9/11? Of course Afghanistan was one of our responses to 9/11 --- as is Iraq. For the most part, democrats supported going in to Afghanistan. Don't know if the same could be said of Iraq.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:14 PM

Why dont you democrats call Bill Clinton and ask him where Bin Laden is? He called off an operation to move into Bin Ladin's compound that the speicial forces were training for months for, just days before the operation was going to take place.

Also reports were that the Sudaneese gov't offered the U.S. Bin Ladin after they kicked him out of their country and we turned him down because Clinton only thought he was a "criminal" and not a terrorist at the time. But to be fair in the 9/11 commission report couldn't fine evidence of this last claim, doesn't mean it didn't happen but not saying it's a fact either.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So where is Bin Laden?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is in Hiding.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why dont you democrats call Bill Clinton and ask him where Bin Laden is? He called off an operation to move into Bin Ladin's compound that the speicial forces were training for months for

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is related to my post, how?
Old 08-14-2005, 06:19 PM

Sorry I must of replied under the wrong post, sorry about that.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But to be fair in the 9/11 commission report couldn't fine evidence of this last claim, doesn't mean it didn't happen but not saying it's a fact either.

[/ QUOTE ]

And less than 7 weeks before the 9/11 attacks, here's what John Ashcroft was up to.

Interesting "coincidence", no?

q/q
Old 08-14-2005, 10:45 PM

Default How Can You Possibly Be Proud of Your Brother . . .

for serving in a war of aggression? Shouldn't you be more inclined to feel ashamed of him? Or perhaps believe that he was caught up in a conflict where his choices made little difference and he at least didn't personally make things worse. But pride? It isn't justified.

Now Sgt. Camilo Mejia, on the other hand, is someone a brother could be proud of. An veteran of the Iraq war, he risked prison and served a year rather than return on the grounds that "I was part of a war that I believed was immoral and criminal, a war of aggression, a war of imperial domination."

The brave young people who refuse to serve in criminal wars are the best America has to offer. Nothing you've written differentiates your brother from any other soldier in any other ignorant army.

P.S. Consider sending your Mother a list of Democrats Senators that voted for the war resolution and continue to support the occupation. This is a bipartisan crime.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: How Can You Possibly Be Proud of Your Brother . . .

[ QUOTE ]
for serving in a war of aggression? Shouldn't you be more inclined to feel ashamed of him? Or perhaps believe that he was caught up in a conflict where his choices made little difference and he at least didn't personally make things worse. But pride? It isn't justified.

Now Sgt. Camilo Mejia, on the other hand, is someone a brother could be proud of. An veteran of the Iraq war, he risked prison and served a year rather than return on the grounds that "I was part of a war that I believed was immoral and criminal, a war of aggression, a war of imperial domination."

The brave young people who refuse to serve in criminal wars are the best America has to offer. Nothing you've written differentiates your brother from any other soldier in any other ignorant army.

P.S. Consider sending your Mother a list of Democrats Senators that voted for the war resolution and continue to support the occupation. This is a bipartisan crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggesting that he be ashamed of his brother for serving in the armed forces? You're a real piece of [censored], you know that?

I don't give a flying [censored] what you think of the war, blah blah blah, everybody's got their opinions. Your response to the OP is cold, heartless, and shows you to be the scumbag you really are, regardless of political viewpoint.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post sucks. Big time.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Suggesting that he be ashamed of his brother for serving in the armed forces?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I said "for serving in a war of aggression." Imbuing an unjust war with "pride" is no better than sending troops to die for an unjust cause. Russians should be proud of service in the Red Army to repel German aggression and ashamed for killing Ukranians or Afghans. Americans should be proud of service in WWII and ashamed of service in Vietnam or Iraq. It is the justification for the war that makes the difference, a rule of judgment that so-called "patriots" like to apply to every country in the world except their own. The character of the government fighting it hardly makes any more difference than the color of the uniforms or the size of the hats.