Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2003, 12:19 AM

Default Amazing, Even More.............

....is that the vatican is so concerned about how we treat the murderer saddam, but where was the outspokeness about the victims of the pedophile priests and how a lot of these young men grew up very effed-up? No, the vatican is all about quietly settling for $$$ (maybe this is where jacko the wacko got the idea from?) while publicly grandstanding for a mass murderer and scum-of-the-earth par excellence. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]hmmmmmmm, hard to be a catholic these days as well [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2003, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Saddamism?? Strange,

...but I like it. Now as far as anti-americanism, I cannot remember 1 post, not 1, where nicky praised the great U.S.A., under the leadership of our great president George W. Bush. Certainly not fair and balanced, as even you might admit (on a day where your sugar or pH was off kilter) that there are some things we've done well. However, I, the good Doctor, am proud as punch you have decided to become nicky's spokesperson. Hope it pays better than McDonalds.....

You are a clown. You SERIOUSLY think everyone should think the US is great because we wiped out a dictator who we helped back through most of the 80's? Or that George "I needed time to find myself" Bush should really be referred to as our great leader?

Someone's been substituting their Zyprexa with speedballs again...
Old 12-19-2003, 10:35 AM

Default Look Dopey........

......political friends are dependent on time, place, & circumstances. At the time we helped iraq, it was because iran had taken Americans hostage and was, at the point in time, viewed to be a bigger threat to world peace. Period. Perhaps you missed that, being so absorbed in your nightcap speedball. There are many examples of enemies coming together to fight on the same side. This is happening in the terrorist community today - 2 different types of muslims combining efforts. Hell, your buddy gore just turned on lieberman.

And YES, George W is a GREAT president, a GREAT leader. And you are..........well............... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].....dopey
Old 12-19-2003, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Look Dopey........

'
......political friends are dependent on time, place, & circumstances. At the time we helped iraq, it was because iran had taken Americans hostage and was, at the point in time, viewed to be a bigger threat to world peace. Period. Perhaps you missed that, being so absorbed in your nightcap speedbal
'
heck i can accedpt that. but why did US ship iraq stuff like anthrax, etc.? on that data point alone theres got to be more to it than that.

(alternate viewpoint, incredulous tone)- have you *seen* the markup on anthrax?!
Old 12-19-2003, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Look Dopey........

[ QUOTE ]
......political friends are dependent on time, place, & circumstances. At the time we helped iraq, it was because iran had taken Americans hostage and was, at the point in time, viewed to be a bigger threat to world peace. Period. Perhaps you missed that, being so absorbed in your nightcap speedball. There are many examples of enemies coming together to fight on the same side. This is happening in the terrorist community today - 2 different types of muslims combining efforts. Hell, your buddy gore just turned on lieberman.

And YES, George W is a GREAT president, a GREAT leader. And you are..........well............... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].....dopey

[/ QUOTE ]

So bloodthirsty dictators are ok to back as long as it is politically expedient to do so, huh? What a cheery holiday thought. Good thing it was in our best interests to help those Iraqi folks! Otherwise they still might have to worry about their relatives winding up in cement shoes at the bottom of the Euphrates River.
As far as the Iran/Iraq conflict, it might never have occurred if the US had allowed democracy to flourish there to begin with. Let me let you on to a little Iranian history. I'll make it brief.
The shah of Iran was overthrown (in part) because he was a bloody dictator who was backed by the US. One of the reasons he was able to keep power was because he had a brutal secret police force (called Savak) that terrorized all political opponents. He came to power as a result of a US-UK back overthrow of Iranian Premier Moussadeq, who was seen as a major threat not because of terrorism or fundamentalist Islam, but because he wanted to NATIONALIZE IRAN'S OIL INDUSTRY. The US and UK decided this should not be, and as they say, the rest is history.

I'll spare you the details of the rigged elections that took place in Turkey and Greece in the 40's and 50's.

I guess what it comes down to is that I don't take the chump cop-out that all US dealings are a matter of our leaders talking about "rights" and "democracy" for some situations, but taking the route of political expediency in others. I realize that often times political decisions are not black and white, but to sit back and simply wave your pompoms at the "white" decisions while ignoring the details of the murkier ones is poor citizenship, plain and simple.

As far as calling me "dopey", are you a real doctor? What exactly are you a doctor of? Where did you receive your PhD or MD? Or did you just order it from Sally Struthers?
Old 12-19-2003, 07:56 PM

Default LOL!! I am a Doctor in..........

....Wogga-isms of course. No Sally Struthers model here, just the real deal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And no clown either, as your first personal attack stated.

Having said that, how do you and your liberal buddies deny that George W's great leadership when we see:
a) the economy booming after his tax cuts
b) a real-life clown like Qaddaffi agreeing to give up his WMDs and pay the 2+ $billion Pan Am settlements
c) scum-bag french, germans, & russian singing a little different tune after their "Cowboy" saddam (the chicken-sh !@ it) came out of his hole

How can you guys continue to deny that Bush's leadership is working. How can you continue to deny these things when the American public has Bush at around a 60% approval rating. No, uh-uh, no sirree, not you. YOU KNOW what's best for me & my family, in fact, I believe you think you KNOW EVERYTHING. But know this, from me to you, and in the spirit of the holidays - you're a bigger dope than I thought [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

However, you still seem like a good dude and knoe I'm just yanking you. To be clear, I do truly believe Prez W is not only great for the USA, but for the world as well. And just the same, politics aside, Merry CHRISTmas!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2003, 08:08 PM

Default Re: LOL!! I am a Doctor in..........

[ QUOTE ]
....Wogga-isms of course. No Sally Struthers model here, just the real deal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And no clown either, as your first personal attack stated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woggaisms? I must have missed that one when I was applying for residency training...probably somewhere between Psychiatry and the combined Internal Medicine/Geriatrics programs.
[ QUOTE ]

Having said that, how do you and your liberal buddies deny that George W's great leadership when we see:
a) the economy booming after his tax cuts
b) a real-life clown like Qaddaffi agreeing to give up his WMDs and pay the 2+ $billion Pan Am settlements
c) scum-bag french, germans, & russian singing a little different tune after their "Cowboy" saddam (the chicken-sh !@ it) came out of his hole

[/ QUOTE ]
a. I guess the whole deficit/debt isn't important to you because you figure your children will pay it off.

b. "The Colonel" hasn't been a major player in terrorism since the Reagan Days.

c. Iraq? Dude, the name of the terrorist game is Al Qaeda. Saddam was a diversion to try to get Bush Jr's ratings up. We are wasting all this time and energy on this guy when the real danger is still out there (have you noticed that our security color code is back up to Orange)?
[ QUOTE ]

How can you guys continue to deny that Bush's leadership is working. How can you continue to deny these things when the American public has Bush at around a 60% approval rating. No, uh-uh, no sirree, not you. YOU KNOW what's best for me & my family, in fact, I believe you think you KNOW EVERYTHING. But know this, from me to you, and in the spirit of the holidays - you're a bigger dope than I thought [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

However, you still seem like a good dude and knoe I'm just yanking you. To be clear, I do truly believe Prez W is not only great for the USA, but for the world as well. And just the same, politics aside, Merry CHRISTmas!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not one to turn down compliments, even back handed ones. Happy holidays to you and yours as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2003, 12:54 AM

Default LOL!! Back-handed???

...never! I mean it -Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours. Never let politics or words written on a internet board get you so pissed. Then you'd be cyrus [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Then, it would be back-handed [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] But, you're not he, so ipso-facto, half a bee, is said to be, phil-o-sophically, and must half, not be, so you cannot be Eric the Half-bee - or hetron the 1/2 bee, or whatever..........[apologies to Monty Python [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]]. So really, Happy Holidays
Old 12-22-2003, 10:04 AM

Default Nothing like a cult of the personality for you sheep.

America is a great country because it does its best to honor the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Your adulation of Bush reminds me of the boot licking that Saddam's loyalists showed him.

Your attitudes are a clear lesson in how democracy is threatened by fascism and propaganda.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Nothing like a cult of the personality for you sheep.

"America is a great country because it does its best to honor the Constitution and the Bill of Rights."

I think it should do even more in this vein.

"Your adulation of Bush reminds me of the boot licking that Saddam's loyalists showed him."

Bush is doing a great job overall. He inherited a tough situation which was made tougher by the 9/11 attacks. He has risen to the occasion. His environmental stance does trouble me however, and I fear Ashcroft may be going too far.

I also suggest you try thinking more in analytical terms rather than so emotionally (you could then dispense with such inaccurate and misleading phrases as "boot licking").

"Your attitudes are a clear lesson in how democracy is threatened by fascism and propaganda."

I think our democracy is more threatened by the trend of increasing distancing from our Constitution and Bill of Rights, and by judicial activism which ignores or circumvents our Constitution/Bill of Rights. I also am concerned about any provisions of the Patriot Act which might ignore or circumvent our Constitution/Bill of Rights, although that subject is quite complex and I am insufficiently informed to render a definitive opinion on it.