Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: 2+2 table

[ QUOTE ]
A thoroughly enjoyable LAG-fest with plenty of good-natured trash talk ("OMG NICE HAND YOU GODDAMN FISH"). I highly recommend this type of game for those looking to bonus-clear. Well, OK, maybe not... but it was fun as hell, especially when you play like a jackass like I did (I hit something like 5 2-outers on the river...)

The last few hours, it was maybe 3 trout and the occasional tourist per hand and a hailstorm of pre-flop capping ("I cap becuase I have an ace.", "I cold call the cap for value.", "I cap because I feel lucky.", "I call with a marginal hand, intending to flop the nut low.", "I cap because I am teh suck and hate money."). Good times...

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the most importnat one, "I call because it's my blind, damnit!"

And proceeding to suckout vs the field
Old 08-07-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The last few hours, it was maybe 3 trout and the occasional tourist per hand and a hailstorm of pre-flop capping ("I cap becuase I have an ace.", "I cold call the cap for value.", "I cap because I feel lucky.", "I call with a marginal hand, intending to flop the nut low.", "I cap because I am teh suck and hate money."). Good times...

[/ QUOTE ]

Highlights of my night:

-Flopping like a gazillion straights, and losing every time.
-Raising some poor schmuck from my SB, betting the flop with backdoor draws, betting the turn with a gutshot, betting the river with a straight, and saying "sucker" as I scoop the pot.
-Calling 3 cold on the turn with 2 pair and filling up on the river.
-Sucking out about 15 times in a row from my BB.
-Announcing "I have the nuts" and still ending up with 4-way capped action on the flop and turn.
-Some idiot check/calling a 4-way river with the nut boat & nut low.
-typing "GIMME AN ACE" after the flop, getting the ace on the turn, and ending up being quartered when some lucky hoser rivers his flush and chops the nut low with me.
-Seeing someone (I think it was you, Tom?) flop two sets and end up losing to my runner-runner straight.

Very good times. I like O8. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling 3 cold on the turn with 2 pair and filling up on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to self underfulls blow serious balls at Omaha, bottomset is not the monster it is in holdem [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]