Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: i am the only loon that folds tptk here?

[ QUOTE ]
Your investing to much money to make a read on people with these ideas you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't quite where I was going with the question. It was more probing toward having a plan for the turn if things were HU.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:54 PM

if HU play it as If you have the best hand and your opponent has a piece of the board. Pretty standard.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:26 PM

the smooth call of the re-raise here is a pretty good indicator to me that something es no muy bueno. nice lay down. i think that a pair of sevens is a hand that you can put him on here, and the call says i want to keep the other guy in the pot, not isolate the re-raiser, as you might see with TPGK, AA, etc.

i think posting the results though leads to far too many results oriented responses. jmho.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:35 PM

Raptor -
You still haven't stated your logic for not raising AK. In this situation it may have led to losing more chips, but when you are out of position, isn't it better to define the hand so its easier to know what you're up against? Or is it better to see the flop for free and only play out if you hit? I know it depends, but I'm curious as to what your thought process was at the time.

I think having 3 in hand made this decision quite a bit easier though. How would you have played if it was heads up and tiltada made the initial raise?

-sofere

P.S. Isn't it awesome when someone takes the fall so you can see what a great lay down you made? I hate it when it doesn't get showed down.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:01 PM

I like raising to 225 on the flop, really getting an idea of what the other may have. That would make the turn a nice fold, at the 109 at least.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:08 PM

oh, logic. well, ok. im the guy who talked about not raising AK utg at 10-15. raising any amount on that level that is legitimate is not enough to make people fold. i dont care about defining my hand at this point, as no one really cares.

i really hate playing AK oop. i dont raise because again, i dont think its that strong of a hand in ep. position is everything in NL. everything. acting first is a huge disadvantage when you hold a drawing hand like ak. therefore, i dont raise with it. argue away [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2005, 07:13 PM

The minute tiltada coldcalls 2 bets on a rainbow board with two relatively worthless straight draws I think 'set'. When one of them hits the turn and she underbets, I bail. Maybe I bet/fold the turn, I dunno, but you're right to get out.

But boy, does your reasoning for not raising PF really, really suck.

(For one thing, if you check/fold every flop you miss you're STILL ahead when putting chips in PF alone)
Old 03-21-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
boy, does your reasoning for not raising PF really, really suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-22-2005, 01:02 AM

ok, well, keep throwing away chips with AK early, and pretty clearly, there is no reason you should even consider the possibility of another way to play a hand. i mean god, it is poker, and there cant possibly be more than one answer can there? golly gee, im wrong and i submit to everyone who does worse than me forever.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, well, keep throwing away chips with AK early, and pretty clearly, there is no reason you should even consider the possibility of another way to play a hand. i mean god, it is poker, and there cant possibly be more than one answer can there? golly gee, im wrong and i submit to everyone who does worse than me forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

why even post on here when everyone is clearly lacking in knowledge? wow, you played a hand passively and saved chips. do you think that there is a chance that, over the course of your poker career, your passiveness with this 'drawing hand' has cost you far more preflop than the chips you save when the monster is actually there under the bed?

oh, but let's not forget that the tournament 'can't be won early, but can be lost'.