Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: 50-100NL UB Hand

Good post, that is what I was looking for. I should have taken the big bet on the turn as a hint and folded. Unfortunately in the hand it turned out I was drawing practically dead and he called with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and scooped the $75K pot. He must have have put me on a set with the big bet on the turn because I can't imagine he wants to price me out with the nuts? Ah well I'll get em next time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 12:36 AM

IMVHO, I think it was a big mistake to narrow hero's range so much. Since you're not sure which outs are good (except of course 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]), you may want to drop this on the turn.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:44 AM

It'd be nice if I could blow 40k, "covering" other plays. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 01:21 AM

Hey Noah,

Its too bad we sucked in france. You went down with more grace.

It's really hard to get technical advice on a hand like this in this game because so much depends on the dynamic of the table. But two alternate lines come to mind for this hand.

1) lead the flop. I'm not sure how often you'll do this, but I tend to lead a pretty wide range of hands here. If you get raised you can make a nice big pot flop by rerasing and probably be in decent shape and if not get him to fold a fair amount of hands you are ahead of. It's pretty deep though so I'd much prefer to...

2) Check call and lead the turn. The obvious problem with this line is that you might get raised by better hands and also naked high diamonds, but this line is strong and allows you to define your hand which is useful especially if your opponent has a wider range of hands with which you described. Also you are pretty deep and may not be blown off the hand by a raise. Another thing to keep in mind is that an overpair may not raise you on the turn (esp non-diamond ones) and (depending on the opponent) you might slow an opponent down here from bluffing you off the best hand on the river if you are against a naked diamond... Maybe?

Your line is also OK but I feel like you are going to be against a big naked diamond here more than you think. I also think you should've added the three non-diamond aces to your push range as you can probably sell a nut flush draw here if indeed your read is correct.

Hope he didnt flop the nuts,
-Jason
Old 08-30-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Noah,

[/ QUOTE ]

OP's name is not 'Noah.' jsyk.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:44 AM

Oops thought this was exclusive but instead ive been informed its another premier internet player.

-Jason
Old 08-30-2005, 02:21 AM

I like the way you played it. too bad about the results.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with lapoker the only way I get a chance to get paid on the river is open pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does Thuritz do to river blocking bets? If you are confident of your read, that's one way to induce a push from some of these guys. I have played v. little against Thuritz, tho, so no idea if there's any merit v. him. I like inducing bluff river overbets from some of these guys.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:26 AM

I would have tried to get as much money in on that flop as possible.

Maybe C/R all in.

If he's flopped the flush or straight thats poker.

If not you're at worst a coin-flip (against set), at best 2:1 against anything else.