Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Mercedes SLK or Porsche Boster

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there isn't an m coupe, you might be thinking of the g35 and not the m35/m45

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct - i say go with the g35 - the 6 speed transmition is ridiculous. i agree with the rest of the comments - the boxter doesn't even qualify you for any of the porche enthusiast clubs b/c they don't consider them a real porche (i agree). the mercedes is a chick car, its like the bmw z3.

i personally would go with the above-mentioned g35 or an M3 (convertible if you like) or if i could afford it i'd step up to a 911.

[/ QUOTE ]
This man tells it like it is.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:20 PM

I loooooooooove my G35. Great car, you should definitely look at them.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think they're both chick cars. Like the VW Bug but for more money.

Why not get something that could actually fit a golf bag?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get your golf bag in the rear trunk of the boxster.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, one. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I loooooooooove my G35. Great car, you should definitely look at them.

[/ QUOTE ]

especially if you take the $20K saved and buy one of the twin turbo kits... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 02:37 PM

I have no interest in a sedan, I am getting some sort of convertable sports car for sure. What do people thinkg about the 350z Roadster it would save me a few grand at least. Is this car less gay then the previous two I mentioned. I am also sort of considering a convertable vet although these are a bit more then I had planned on spending.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:58 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i'm not talking about a bmw m3, i'm talking about an infiniti m35 or m45. they're better than g35 sedans. they also cost 20k more.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not talking about a bmw m3, i'm talking about an infiniti m35 or m45. they're better than g35 sedans. they also cost 20k more.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know you weren't talking about a bmw m3 - i was just saying that i would take one of those over the OP's two options presented.

the infiniti m's are nice but i was more in the 'sports car' vein as opposed to the 'nice ride' vein.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no interest in a sedan, I am getting some sort of convertable sports car for sure. What do people thinkg about the 350z Roadster it would save me a few grand at least. Is this car less gay then the previous two I mentioned. I am also sort of considering a convertable vet although these are a bit more then I had planned on spending.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would say no on the 'z' as well - they are less gay, but still questionable. i would also stay away from cars like the pontiac solstice and audi TT for similar reasons.

the vet has unfortunately fallen to the middle-age donk crowd and in my mind is grouped with the camaro (hey check out my bitchin' camaro) as a car that is no longer the sexy (as the kids say these days).

now if you are thinking about trying to save money and still make a purchase there is nothing wrong with a solid 2002-2004 version of the above mentioned cars to pay a little less. as a matter of fact the 2001 911 is probably one of the classics of that line.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:31 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
require me to commute out of manhattan to Summit, NJ

[/ QUOTE ]

for a commute, i would be thinking about a 'nice ride'.

with regard to the sports aspect, i believe even the m35 is faster than a g35 in 0-60. it's not a manual, though, and it has 4 doors. it's only slightly larger. the g sedan doesn't seem to have any desirable feature over the m other than being less expensive.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
require me to commute out of manhattan to Summit, NJ

[/ QUOTE ]

for a commute, i would be thinking about a 'nice ride'.

with regard to the sports aspect, i believe even the m35 is faster than a g35 in 0-60. it's not a manual, though, and it has 4 doors. it's only slightly larger. the g sedan doesn't seem to have any desirable feature over the m other than being less expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negligible difference in acceleration as they share an engine. G is more the sport offering whereas the M is more luxury. G also has the sexy coupe model. Keep in mind the Z is just the sport car version of the G. They're all just nissan skylines aimed at different market segments.

Both are very nice 40K-ish cars that are probably best compared against each other via test drives.