Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Future of RakeBack at Party Skins

here's another interesting post:IGM Speaks

Seems to me that in preparation for their IPO Party is really cleaning up its act.Getting rid of individual trackers for those players that utilize rakeback thru a Party affiliate will not solve anything for Party if all these rakeback players migrate to skins that still offer rakeback.

Are we to assume Party is going to radically change its relationship with these skins that enable rakeback ie Empire and EuroBet?Can Party risk cutting these skins off?How could Party actually find out which players are getting rakeback on these skins without the cooperation of said skin?Are the skins and Party going to go head-to head legally over this?Can Party afford to let the heavy volume players(an increasing % of total player pool) be incrementally less profitable as more serious players avoid Party and only play thru skins that offer rakeback?

Party is attempting to stem the tide of their making less on each new player or even worse the same player added to the Party Network.Right now by putting on a face that they are protecting the growth of their business model the IPO is more marketable.Fact is the IPO will probably float at the top of Party's popularity unless Party can find a way to legitimatly contnue to grow.Party's growth is being stunted by this leakage of players utilizing rakeback at other skins.

The games will continue to get tougher with a higher % of regular players multi-tabling and playing for rakeback.With a pool of ever increasing educated young players more will multi-table and more will demand rakeback.Party's growth isnt what it appears just in the player#'s -they are very deceptive.Party's best days of growth are behind it.Now they are just trying to clear up house enough to float the IPO get rich and clean the books up enough so they arent legally culpable when everyone figures out that the growth story is not what it appears.10%-20% long-term growth yes maybe 30-50% no.
Party needs to continue to get new fresh players who are no know nothing about rakeback.Can they eliminate rakeback without jeopardizing their biz model or revenue projections?doubtful..that why they are doing this bit by bit.
Right now it looks like Party is just cleaning up its own house and the next target may be all skins once they get a feel for this latest move.

As someone who has just in the last half-year finally gotten rakeback I'm not thrilled to lose 20% but I'm ready for the worst.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not thrilled to lose 20%

[/ QUOTE ] should read I'm not ready to lose 20% of my income [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] -too late to edit -thats what happens to us crappy writers
Old 04-27-2005, 05:58 PM

Nice post goodguy.

[ QUOTE ]
Are the skins and Party going to go head-to head legally over this?Can Party afford to let the heavy volume players(an increasing % of total player pool) be incrementally less profitable as more serious players avoid Party and only play thru skins that offer rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thou cleaning the house, getting rid of all the rakebackers and many of the multitable pros will actually improve their groth and nothing else as the ppl you mentin will shun the site and the % players per flop will increase, and as it do the growth will continue. Being a loose site is far better for action and numbers than having a somewhat decent promotion system (pls remember, most players doesnt understand a good promotion when it hits them in the head (nor rake))...
Old 04-27-2005, 06:36 PM

If Pokerstars had rake back I probably would not know what a party poker table looked liked.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:44 PM

Hmm, this all seems like a bunch of paranoia... or maybe I'm just not ready to accept that rakeback is going to go out the window. It would certainly suck, but it wouldn't cripple me financially. It's always nice to get a few extra thousand per month [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 08:25 PM

I could puke reading all the affiliates ass kissing the iGlobalMedia rep after Party's new stance on rakeback.

Lets see, who deserves to be compensated, the player who plays 60 000 hands a month or an affiliate who gets someone to signup with their code?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:41 PM

Party should be worried that the large affiliates, who offer rakeback, will have the abillity to deliver large numbers of players to any site that offers a good incentive.

This could be great for players, almost like a union. Party takes away our rakeback, our affiliate brokers a deal with another site and brings 1500 players. The market is too competitive to upset a large, key, group of players.

Be carefull what you wish fo Party.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could puke reading all the affiliates ass kissing the iGlobalMedia rep after Party's new stance on rakeback.

Lets see, who deserves to be compensated, the player who plays 60 000 hands a month or an affiliate who gets someone to signup with their code?

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Good thing they don't let new accounts post there or the 2+2 guys would horde them (well at least I can't).
Old 04-27-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: End of rakeback...or just individual tracking???

Why can't you just send him all your HHs from your hard drive at the end of every week or something, then your affiliate can import them into his PT database and determine how much rake you have paid?

[ QUOTE ]
That's the whole point -- you better pick an affil u trust, b/c he won't be able to track ur play individually...so in the "old days", I'd send my affil a screenshot of my PT window...it hinges far more on the 'honor system'...why would he trust it? Well, he'd know something were fishy if his players were asking to be paid out more than he got paid from the site in commission.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-27-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: End of rakeback...or just individual tracking???

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't you just send him all your HHs from your hard drive at the end of every week or something, then your affiliate can import them into his PT database and determine how much rake you have paid?

[ QUOTE ]
That's the whole point -- you better pick an affil u trust, b/c he won't be able to track ur play individually...so in the "old days", I'd send my affil a screenshot of my PT window...it hinges far more on the 'honor system'...why would he trust it? Well, he'd know something were fishy if his players were asking to be paid out more than he got paid from the site in commission.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this is too easily doctored. I could easily take a bunch of my Empire hand histories and just change them to look like Party hand histories (using a global find-and-replace through UltraEdit or similar tools). Also, I could easily make a PokerTracker screenshot that includes hands played at a different site.

You must also account for bonuses, which the player may neglect to mention.

As was stated, it's easy to tell if some of your players are lying to you, because the numbers don't add up. However, you don't necessarily know which ones are lying, and you don't really have any way to resolve such disputes.

You may be able to do it with a select few players whom you know and trust, but it's just not practical for a large affiliates.

At least that's my understanding.