Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Please help me with this QQ hand

I just wanted to get an idea if this is a hand that can be released. The concensus seems to be to actually get more money in the pot quicker, rather than even thinking about folding. Just wanted some confirmation that at least playing this hand through, given the range of possible hands, is reasonable.

I called off the rest of my chips on the river and Villain turned over J6c. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I puked, and then bought in again.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The concensus seems to be to actually get more money in the pot quicker

[/ QUOTE ]
This may be the consensus (or at least the majority view) but it is very wrong, IMO.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:36 PM

Bet $3 on the flop, not $5.

If he minraises on the flop, call in hopes of hitting your miracle lady. If you miss you can throw out $4 and if raised again, just fold to his KK or AA.

I just don't see what good betting the pot does on that flop. You are only behind here to KK or AA (forgeet the 6's). KK and AA raises here (a bad thing). Anything worse possibly calls down and builds the pot (a good thing).
Old 07-13-2005, 02:37 PM

I didn't mean to knock your line, as I like your line too. Just trying to say that I was seeing if anyone looks to fold this hand and if so, what it takes.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't mean to knock your line, as I like your line too. Just trying to say that I was seeing if anyone looks to fold this hand and if so, what it takes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I wasn't offended, I just didn't want you to think that shoveling chips into this pot was agreed upon by all as being the correct thing to do.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:51 PM

Yep, and the results of the hand show a reason for why shoving everything in ASAP isn't good. I've got lots to think about regarding this hand, and hands like this in the future.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, I wasn't offended, I just didn't want you to think that shoveling chips into this pot was agreed upon by all as being the correct thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooooo, do you wait for quads to get all your money in, or do you wait for the royal. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I suppose if you have 88, and the board is 88JJ2, villian may have pocket jack's, so check/calls are in order. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 03:10 PM

I wait until there is a likely worse hand for him to call me with or a likely draw for him to have for me to protect against.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, and the results of the hand show a reason for why shoving everything in ASAP isn't good. I've got lots to think about regarding this hand, and hands like this in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO NO NO!!!

Didn't we go through this all before? If you had a specific reason for believing his min-raise on the flop meant he had you beat then FOLD THE FLOP. However, a high percentage of the time, that minraise will represent a hand you are WAY ahead of such as lower pockets or even over cards trying to make a move. If you play similar hands in a similar fashion every time you will LOSE LOSE LOSE.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO NO NO!!!

Didn't we go through this all before? If you had a specific reason for believing his min-raise on the flop meant he had you beat then FOLD THE FLOP. However, a high percentage of the time, that minraise will represent a hand you are WAY ahead of such as lower pockets or even over cards trying to make a move. If you play similar hands in a similar fashion every time you will LOSE LOSE LOSE.

[/ QUOTE ]
What if the min-raise means that he is beat 40% of the time? Then what should his line be? And how do you like his line preflop and on the flop, before he gets raised?