Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Well?
Yes 20 35.09%
No 37 64.91%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: OE straight draw ...

Meh....that's quite marginal at best. It's certainly not a cleary +$EV situation.

I would still fold.

I do not mind the small stack being behind me....he will still fold all his crappy hands.

I do mind if he gets enough chips to weild FE over me...

I also think prolonging the 5 handedness as it currently stands is a good thing unless you get a better +$EV situation.

Yugoslav
Old 04-07-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think prolonging the 5 handedness as it currently stands is a good thing unless you get a better +$EV situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to concede on the math part. And given the size of shorty's stack, after he 'wins' this hand by my fold, he'll be at 6xBB, I guess I don't mind him here, either.

Scuba
Who definately doesn't like shorty here if he is at 3xBB.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:51 AM

Initialy I was going to say fold this. But then i started to think about it a little more. You are gettin over 2:1 odds meaning you only need to win 1 out of 3 times. You have 8 clean outs to the str8 and maybe some outs to your T or 9. Since BB is desperate lets say you have 3 outs. Now you have 11 outs with 2 cards to come. Yeah, you have to call this. Of course this all depends on whether your outs to the T or 9 are good. I think they may be enough to make this a call.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:07 AM

I think it's very close. You are getting almost 2 to 1. If he has a queen you aren't quite a 2 to 1 dog. If he has, say an 8 or pocket 7s, you are not very far behind at all. I know the $EV will be worse.

I see the point that you have no implied odds when you hit, and I'm sure I routinely fold here, but if villian had only 250 left instead of 330, I think it would be a call.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:14 AM

The real problem with this hand is completing it in the first place.

I call, but I call anything close whenever I can get a big stack out of it.

(Reference point for what a big stack is worth to me and/or brag post)
Old 04-07-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But since you're one of the 1TT "clique" members there's no point in discussing it, you must be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh. That's all I should say here, but I will add that there is only one person in this thread so far that is solidly agreeing with Irie.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but I will add that there is only one person in this thread so far that is solidly agreeing with Irie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he must be correct.

Irieguy
Old 04-07-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I will add that there is only one person in this thread so far that is solidly agreeing with Irie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he must be correct.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I hear he's a pretty big tool and coughs alot from going to hookah lounges...

He must be a losing player...he also can't even record stats...

Yugoslav
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 08:16 AM

Other things to keep in mind:

When you call and lose you'll be under 10BB in a few hands when the BB is 200. How good is your shorter stack play? Everyone else at the table will have at most about ~10XBB also, do they play small stacks aggressively or will you easily be able to steal a few blinds and get back over 10X?

Villian will only have 3 or 5 BB when blinds go up, is he tight enough to fold most hands and blind out? If so it doesn't matter much if he has 3 or 5.

If hero had ATs and the flop was 2 to his suit I'm sure almost everyone would have answered call. There's only a couple outs difference between the two hands and both have odds to call.

I think the biggest thing is that you can knock a player out and get the chiplead with hardly no damage to your stack. The times you win and get a nearly 3K stack will have a nice effect on your first place finishes also.

Lots of things to consider on this hand.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:19 AM

hmm, at first I was leaning fold but as a BB here I am pushing if I hit any piece of the flop. I'm thinking it is more likely he hit the 6 or the 8.

You got to call but it may be one you regret later on as you are giving BB enough chips to make trouble for you. The upside is if he wins he has enough chips that he will fold marginal hands to blind steals again.

It's a definite call... why are so many ready to put him on a Q?