Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: push this flop?

[ QUOTE ]
If you are not willing to Push Semi-bluff when you flop an OESFD forget playing SC...just forget playing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just being a nit, but he flopped a OESD+FD, not OESFD. I think that is an important distinction, but the advice in this thread still stands.

-Trail
Old 04-07-2005, 08:56 PM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for all the replies. As many have probably ascertained, I did push and did lose to a set.

Guess I just needed reassurance that the push is the right play and is long term ev+. I swore off playing sc's a few months ago. I've just recently started playing them again--right now it is a love hate relationship that is totally results dependent. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent. Thanks. I did the hand distribution thing on pokerstove: against two pair and a set I'm a 45/55 dog. And so I need 5% folding equity to make a push correct, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is folding equity? I"ve never heard that term before...

felipe
Old 04-30-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are not willing to Push Semi-bluff when you flop an OESFD forget playing SC...just forget playing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just being a nit, but he flopped a OESD+FD, not OESFD.

[/ QUOTE ]

either way still 15 outs, right?
Old 04-30-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Excellent. Thanks. I did the hand distribution thing on pokerstove: against two pair and a set I'm a 45/55 dog. And so I need 5% folding equity to make a push correct, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is folding equity? I"ve never heard that term before...

felipe

[/ QUOTE ]
In calculating expected value (EV) you take the amount that you will win when you win times the probability of winning and subtract the amount that you will lose when you lose times the probability of losing. That is it for calling. But if you are betting, in addition to winning by making the best hand, you can win by having the other player fold. This value is called folding equity.

And an OESFD is significantly better than an OESD+FD when facing a set. In the first case, you have two outs to win even if he boats up, in the second case you have none.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:25 AM

And an OESFD is significantly better than an OESD+FD when facing a set. In the first case, you have two outs to win even if he boats up, in the second case you have none.

So true. I hadn't though of it like that, i only thought of one out to beat a boat...Thanks.